Question before I buy

Hello all. I'm totally new to home automation. I have 20 Philips hue devices controlled by a Philps Hue bridge. I want to extend my setup with a home security system. If I buy the latest Hubitat elevation C8 can I drop my Philips hue bridge and use the Hubitat as a single control centre for my lights and security system.

I would recommend keeping your Hue bridge to maintain a network for your hue bulbs, but using the Hue integration so you can control them all from Hubitat. Any other Hue devices (motion sensors, etc) I would migrate to Hubitat (just as soon as the reported issues with Hue motion sensors have been resolved, which I suspect will be shortly). The built-in Hue integration polls devices every minute or so. That works fine with bulbs but with a motion sensor not so well. (There are third party integrations that do not have this limitation.)

Yes absolutely. Even if you leave your Hue bulbs on the Hue hub you can control them all from Hubitat.

There are several really good integrations between Hubitat and stand-alone security systems. It's generally not recommended that Hubitat act AS your security system.

What kind of system do you have?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.