Qubino for other sensors?

Most of the sensors I see are load/motion/temp I found the qubino thermostat and think it shows promise as a general use sensor platform. Was curious if anyone else had this thought had done some work on it?

I'm looking for the temperature sensor spec, it seems to me though that any kind of sensor that reports change could be wired to to that module and then you could read that in hubitat by inspecting the temperature reading.

Some applications I thought might be useful.

Distance Measurement
Vibration
Photo cell (brightness)
Touch
Pressure

Most sensors can be wired up to report a relative voltage change and I'd take a guess this is similar, I've ordered one but now waiting to do a bit of testing.

The temperature probe uses a DS18B20 which uses 1-wire data bus. So you may be able to use it with other 1-wire devices.

Here’s a list of 1-wire devices.

This is awesome, thanks!

Super helpful, thanks @NoWon

Just an update for anyone stumbling on this thread. I'd reached out to qubino and they said another 1-wire sensor was not going to work with this model, however, their 0-10v dimmer would work with other types of sensors.

I had to look it up but the 0-10v dimmer takes a 0-10v signal from low voltage dimmer systems and could be used to read a resistive sensor type.

Their docs says this:

Parameter no. 1 – Input switch type

Available configuration parameters (data type is 1 Byte DEC):

• default value 0
  • 0 - mono-stable switch type (push button) – button quick press turns between previous set dimmer value and zero)
  • 1 - Bi-stable switch type
  • 2 - Potentiometer (Flush Dimmer 0-10V is using set value the last received from potentiometer or from Z-Wave controller)
  • 3 - 0-10V Temperature sensor (regulated output)
  • 4 - 0-10V Illumination sensor (regulated output)
  • 5 - 0-10V General propose sensor (regulated output)

@rob121 did you implement the Qubino with an analog sensor?

I never did