Pushover Notifications Driver [Slightly Enhanced]

I can't replicate it.
The only situations where I get double alerts are;

HSM and Rule machine both have rules that trigger at same time.

Or

When HSM and/Or RM have speech and text the same setting defined for both.
For Example:

I was having double notifications as I had the same message written so it was confusing and I narrow it down when I did change one of the messages.

Interesting. My "Welcome home" message (when HSM disarms) also speaks a message, albeit a different message, on a google home speaker, which is the rule that produces duplicate pushover messages every time. This triggered rule does have a condition on the time (between 9am and sunset -45 minutes), both true and false are identical (including the message) except the false condition turns on lights.

That said, I still occasionally receive a duplicate message for other rules without conditions.

If I disable the Pushover alerts in HSM I receive 2 alerts from Rule Machine. And vice versa, if I only use alerts from HSM and disable RM I only receive one notification.

Can you post the rules of HSM and RM, specifically the text and speak notifications?+

I'll try to do it later. I'm at work now and so I'll try when I get home.

How are you getting HSM to send a pushover alert when you arm/disarm the system? I have only be able to use RM to send these alerts.

1 Like

I'm using it for sensor alerts not Armed or Disarmed notifications.

Does this still work?
Any guides anywhere how to set this up on the hubitat?
I've searched but cannot find any settings for pushover in Hubitat

First get yourself a pushover account.
Now define a virtual device and in type use Pushover Driver and save.
Now go back into the Pushover Device that you have just defined.
Now input your Pushover API and User key.
Your now ready to go.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Yes,

How about the first post? Just don't install the custom driver. Use the one built into the Hubitat firmware instead when Adding a Virtual Device.

1 Like

Anyway to add a picture to the notification? I use pushover for octoprint as well. When my print is done I have it setup to send a pic as well.

See @SteveV post:

That isn't what I was looking for. I have an icon. I am wanting to pull an image from a camera and send it with the push notification.

Pushover supports it (up to 2.5mb) but I don't believe the Hubitat Pushover driver supports it. It's a similar 'optional parameter' as Priority, which is supported.

Thanks Bobbles. I found it, it works fine now!
Didn't see it in the list at first.

:+1:

In case any other newbie is as dense as i was - and wants Pushover to send their texts to avoid the 10 a day limit of Hubitat...

1. just follow the instructions above! they are simple and great. Thanks Bobbles and others!!
    Here they are for those slow scrollers: From Boobles posting
    First get yourself a pushover account.
    Now define a virtual device and in type use Pushover Driver and save.
    Now go back into the Pushover Device that you have just defined.
    Now input your Pushover API and User key.
    You are now ready to go.
    Good luck.
    But for those really lost like i was - a bit of extra clarification in one place...
  2. if you dont know your API and userkey - you need to log into your Pushover account as directed elsewhere in this thread to obtain them. Your USER key is easy to find - its on the page i see when i log in, your API key is only available when you create a "new application" (https://pushover.net/apps/build) - i named mine Push4Hubitat and used that for the description as well - the URL is optional and best IMHO to leave blank unless you know what advanced thing you wish to do...
    • this is where i got stuck and why I am writing to further clarify the above... Now that you have the virtual device setup in Hubitat and the api and user key typed in.. now what? I was stuck..
  3. Next - go to your - in my case - Hubitat Security Monitor - and where you used to have the option for text alerts going right to your cell phone number - see my pic below and click "Send notification to devices" and then select the virtual Push4Hubitat device you setup above. - that ties your virtual device to be used to send the text content below to the phone number below. Also note that most people in the US seem fine entering the +155555551212 - i had to enter +015555551212 in order for the text to work for me..
    I hope this helps clarify the part that was obvious to everyone but me! - just in case there is another lost person like i was..
4 Likes

Similar instructions.. but from a less read thread. :smiley:

I have the same issue. If you look at your HSM events you'll likely find HSM itself is arming/disarming multiple times causing the RM rules to trigger multiple times. See this thread: HSM Arming Multiple States - #16 by jeremy.akers

-Jeremy

1 Like

I'm trying to use Emergency pushover messages for times I want a repeating message. I don't suppose there's a way to set the retry interval and expiration period from RM or HSM? I see how I can use the [E] prefix to send a message with Emergency priority, but can I also somehow pass the two parameters without setting them statically from the device details page?

Any ideas?

I am far from an RM expert since it became v4.0.
I'm pretty sure you cannot set device preferences from RM.

Do you just need a few options that have different intervals? If so, you can simply create multiple instances of the pushover driver for each config.

If you need to dynamically set the intervals/expiration then you would need to customize the driver. The built in driver is almost identical to the custom driver located here: