Pushover Notifications Driver [Slightly Enhanced]

I just tried it on Windows 10 + Chrome Browser. It started a 7 day trial for Pushover for Desktop on my account. I then had to click "Allow Notifications" in a Chrome Pop Up window that appeared. I ran a quick test and Windows 10 popped up a notification from the taskbar, like any other Windows notification. So, it seems to work.

yes I paid for the desktop and android client (separately)

yes it pops up in windows 10 task bar notification but not the browser.

I just ran another test... It seems to only work if you have a tab logged into Pushover at https://client.pushover.net

Otherwise, I do not get the Windows Pop Up, even if Chrome is up and running.

I think that's as good as it's going to get...???

thanks for confirming it
it would have been nice to have it in chrome when I am at work and have notifications popup on my work computer.
oh well not a big deal

Why wouldn't it still work at work? Does your office computer disable Windows 10 notifications?

I do not think the windows notification is linked to chrome.
I just tested shutting down chrome and sending a push notification from my phone and windows notified fine I also have the windows pullover (unofficial windows app) app installed.
I will try uninstalling it.

All of my Chrome Browser Notifications appear in Windows 10 as Windows Notifications. For example, the Hubitat Community Forum... when you just responded to my post, I received a Windows Notification, not a Chrome Browser notification. Of course, if I shut down Chrome altogether, I will not receive those notifications.

Pushbullet app on your phone and chrome extension will show your phone notifications on your PC, if you're up for adding another app to the mix.

does pushover account display this? wondering if it is actually logged in on chrome in pushover

chrome
Enabled (Login)

it shows up in the account logs put I do not get any popup notifications

My Pushover account shows the following as an example...

Got into Chrome Settings, Advanced, Privacy, Content, Notifications and make sure you haven't blocked anything by accident.

chrome://settings/content/notifications

1 Like

Android only or does this work on iOS too ?

Here's another great article if you'd prefer Chrome Notifications instead of "Native OS Notifications" from Chrome.

And the specific setting can be found in Chrome at...

chrome://flags/#enable-native-notifications

Note: I have not tried it, so I cannot confirm if it works.

Pushbullet is Android only. Apple has iOS locked down pretty tight when it comes to iMessage/SMS messaging. You need a Macintosh to receive iMessage/SMS on the desktop from an iPhone.

ok found it had to turn off notifications blocked even though I put in allowed sites
chrome://settings/content/notifications
and restart chrome

thanks

if anyone wants notifications in windows from pushover without having to have Chrome running the unofficial pullover app works fine.

2 Likes

I created an single API and User Key and applied it to 3 new Virtual PushOver Devices for our 3 android phones and my results are not what I would have expected. When I send a test push to all 3 push devices, each phone gets either 2 or 3 duplicate tests and each is labeled with the same API Key name.

I then created 2 more unique API keys and used the same User Key and get better results, however each phone still gets all 3 pushes with the API label of each unique key

Sounds like I need 3 unique User Keys but don't know how to create those from a single PushOver account

Edit: Do I have to have 3 PO accounts and pay for each to get unique User Keys?

What am I missing?
Rick