Pushover Notifications Driver [Slightly Enhanced]

The only difference "may be" support for emergency notifications with the [E] prefix that was added back in April. I alerted @bravenel of the change so it might have been incorporated in the official driver since then.

See:

1 Like

Thanks, that was gonna be my next question, actually :slight_smile:.

I kinda like the persistent notification every 30 seconds until acknowledged, in case of a true emergency.

1 Like

@ogiewon up & running with Pushover, thanks again!

1 Like

I might be missing something but how do I get PushOver to actually speak the message? Right now I'm just getting double push notifications but no TTS

'Speak' was in quotations for a reason... :wink: Pushover cannot audibly speak anything. Pushover provides push notifications only.

Some applications support the 'Speech Synthesis' Capability, but not the 'Notifications' Capability. Since both capabilities simply expect text to be passed to the respective commands, it was trivial to allow the Pushover Driver to implement both commands.

This way, if you have an App that only supports one or the other capability, your Pushover device will appear as a valid device. But the end result will still just be a Pushover Push Notification on your phone or tablet.

Hope that helps to explain it.

I have updated the original post to hopefully make this clearer for others as well.

1 Like

Just an FYI for everyone using the custom driver.....

The bad news:
The latest firmware 1.1.2 breaks this driver because of changes to httpPost.

The good news:
This custom driver is no longer needed because this same update added [E] emergency support that makes it essentially the same.

Please update all your pushover devices to use the built in driver or you won't get any notifications

3 Likes

I have also notice that we are unable to select a particular device in the "Device Name" drop down box since the update.

I just changed from the custom to stock driver after updating hub firmware, and I have noticed the same thing.

So at this time, I can’t tailor my push notifications because the two pushover devices I installed are defaulting to “all.”

Didnt realize that myself. I can update the custom driver with the new httpPost method but let's see if this can be fixed by @mike.maxwell or @bravenel first.

@marktheknife, @tsviper
If you both are comfortable editing the driver code you can do the following:
At line 74 insert the following 2 lines of code

contentType: "application/json",
requestContentType: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",

So it looks like this

Add the same 2 lines at ~ line 173 so it looks like this

It should work fine until the built in driver is updated.

1 Like

Thanks for temporary fix...much appreciated!

Thanks, @stephack.

This will be fixed in the next release.

1 Like

I have added @stephack 's changes to the version in my GitHub repository.

2 Likes

Hot fix that was released today seems to have fixed the issue with the built in driver.

Great timing, I just updated hahaha. As in your code, :slight_smile:

1 Like

What does Supplementary URL do ?

Here ya go

3 Likes

What is the syntax to send a pushover message from an app with the stock driver? I know I need an input to select notification devices but how do I sent it in app? For example SMS is:
sendSms(phoneNumber, msg)

Once you have a reference to the device, simply call

yourdevice.deviceNotification(message)

https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html?highlight=Notification%20#notification

2 Likes