PushOver Notification Help

Could someone please help me figure out how to get push notifications working? I know they are in the app that isn't out yet, but that also there is a pushover driver that is now included in the firmware vs adding it yourself.

But I can't for the life of me find it or where to set it up. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious.

Thanks,

Nate

It was confusing for me at first. Here is what I did.

I created a Pushover account and received my user key. I also created an application on pushover.net called Hubitat. Once created, you will be given an API token key.

I then created a virtual device using the Pushover driver under type. Once it is created, you can click on that virtual device and enter the user key you were given. Also enter your API token key that was generated when you created an app on pushover.net.

I also installed the Pushover application on my android.

Works like a charm!

1 Like

Here is a starting point.

Go into devices.
Add Virtual Device.
Enter Device Name.
Enter Device ID.
Change Type to Pushover driver.
Save.
Now open the device and put in API and user key and any other info and save.
Hopefully that should do the trick. :slight_smile:

That's what I was trying to say LOL. How did you include the picture in your post? Create a snippet of it and then include it?

You got it. Just copy and paste it in.

Are you OK then?

Thanks everyone, got it working. Didn't know you had to pay for it but $15 isn't too bad. $10 if you don't want browser notifications. I'm interested to see what Hubitat comes up with.

Should only be $5 for a platform, IIRC. You don’t need to buy it for each device, just one account. Do you have both iOS and Android to license?

Yea. I'm on Android and the SO is on Apple. And since I don't always have my phone with me when I'm working I am going to get the browser one too. Which is how it's $15 for me.

Do you know, if she buys it on her Apple account but it's linked to my pushover account, will my apple devices need to re-buy it since the license will be out of sync? Or will pushover tell apple my account is licensed?

I honestly don't remember whether the $5 purchase was via the Pushover web site, or an in-app purchase on my iPhone. If the former, you should be all set. If the latter, my wife and I are on an Apple Family plan so she has access to everything I buy from the App Store.