Pump runtime and flow

I'm new to Hubitat. I have a fibaro switch that senses when a pump is running (on) and when it is off. Is there are a simple way to

1. capture the time it was on (runtime) and
  2. calculate the pump flow (I know the volume)

I moved the device to hubitat and its reliable so far. Before I called a REST service I created. I can continue to do that from Habitat unless there is a simple way to do this? It would be nice to show on the dashboard tile.

Bumping this old inquiry since it appeared to be the only one referring to capturing cumulative runtime of a device. Correct me if there is discussion elsewhere.

I also would like to capture the number of minutes a device has run per day. For the moment, I created a global number variable with a connector. The variable is reset to zero daily at midnight. Every minute I check to see if the power monitored plug (a ZEN15) is over a threshold. If so, it increments the variable. The frequency of the power reporting is also one minute. Of course, the two events are not at the same moment in time, but still it will be reasonably accurate.

Seems like this would be something someone might have created an app to do. Or there is something more clever than what I'm doing. I looked at Better Laundry Monitor, but didn't see a way to increment a counter.

Any good ideas out there?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.