Proper Envisalink support for all alarm panels

@brianwilson didn't mean to suggest your setup was deficient in any way. I just feel, as you note, a native integration with an HE approved driver and app would be ideal, especially since the API exists. One less device to be managed and one less failure point in general.

Yes... Yes, they do...

Yes... Yes, it is...

That is incorrect.

I submitted all the changes needed for the native Envisalink connector app/driver to support Honeywell Vista alarm panels to the original author back in July... I have had it running continuously since that time without issue.

So where can we find this driver and app? I would love to get this going. I thought I read through all the threads including the integration from @Doug which still says it doesn't support Honeywell.

It would still be nice if HE made an official integration given the high profile nature of something like this.

@cybrmage, I've now quickly scanned though all your posts and I don't see anything noting this integration that I can access. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Please let us know.

Uh, you did? That's odd.

I had a feeling it was nonexistent. Makes you wonder why even make a post like that.

Yes.

As a zip via private message... July 17 2019...

And no... I am not going to post a screenshot of a PM thread...

Why not redo it as a pull request on GitHub? It'll make @Doug's task to incorporate your changes easier.

I do not have a github account, and for contractual reasons, I will not be getting one in the near future...

I found your message, I had forgotten about it. I've downloaded the code. I'll try to get it merged and tested.

For the record, PRs will be the only way I'll accept changes going forward.

I pushed a branch with the merged code, called Vista-Honeywell. If peeps could please pull it down and test it, it'd be very helpful.

1 Like

Will do. As soon as I can I will try it out. A big thank you @doug for making this effort.

Thanks to @cybrmage as well.

1 Like

Awesome. I will try this. Saves me the trouble of trying to do it and failing. :frowning:

After a couple modifications it's been working reliably for me. I'll probably be merging this into master this weekend.

2 Likes

So, I think I have it all installed correctly, but am not seeing the zones activate in Hubitat.

Doug's Envisalink App Thread

This is awesome. Thanks for following up with all this @doug. Your work is much appreciated.

I’ve finally gotten this up and running and so far it’s pretty awesome. I do however have one issue. It looks like this driver does not have a Night mode. It only has away and home (stay). This creates a mismatch between HSM and the system. If I arm my system from it’s key pad and set it to Night, HSM shows a state of Armed Away. If I arm HSM in Night mode my system arms in Stay. I really wish there was support for all three modes as I want to distinguish between Stay and Night for triggering other functions.

I also see that disarming my system from the alarm keypad won’t update the HSM state.

It's supposed to. Provide some logs, I'll investigate.
Not sure about the Night setting though. We'll need to work through that I don't use it on my system.

BTW, post in the original thread for support. Thanks

Will do. I’ll respond in the other thread. Thanks.