[Proof of Concept] Tuya/SmartLife Switches - Local Integration

I run my Tuya switches locally on HA - no need to update firmware. however I don't believe it would be possible on Hubitat as there is still no UDP support available.. :frowning: It's a surprising omission for a company touting a local solution.

1 Like

There’s been UDP for a few years. I’ve got three or four drivers that use it.

Really - you can listen for a UDP datagram - keeping the socket open permanently - and receive broadcast UDP ? I knew you could send a UDP datagram and process an immediate return but nothing beyond that.

@gopher.ny Is there persistent UDP support? Can’t remember if you can leave it open without checking my drivers.

You can return a HubAction with options containing type: 'LAN_TYPE_UDPCLIENT', and the hub will send a UDP packet. A response, if any, will appear as a callback to parse method.

There is no listening on the port without sending something first at the moment, though.

What's the use scenario?

@kevin would have to tell you the use-case. I’ve always just polled UDP devices for state changes, which has been working great for a few years now.

It is for any use case where a device pushes out a UDP packet - typically broadcast for status events. Quite a lot of devices actually do this. Because they are unsolicited and sporadic HE can’t receive them.

Tuya switches do this I believe when switched so tracking status requires it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.