[PROJECT] Weather Service Monitor 4 Hubitat Driver

I just did some checking and they do appear to have some sample code located here:
https://datahub.metoffice.gov.uk/docs/f/category/site-specific/type/site-specific/sample-download-code

Not sure what it entails or includes though, since I did not use it.

I would like to be able to display Today_IconURL as an image tile in an EZ Dashboard.
Is there a way to accomplish this ? By default it displays the url of the image.
I tried to create a rule with a Virtual Image device but can't find a way to update the image automatically.

Yeah the image tile is the only way. @gopher.ny can you add a refresh setting to that tile like in classic?

Is there a way to create an automation to update a Virtual Image device with the value of Today_IconURL ?

Updated Version(s):

• WSM4Hubitat.groovy = 0.9.9

Change(s):

• image attribute has been added to the parent driver. The driver uses the Today_IconURL to provide an img src string for the image attribute so it can display whatever icon the URL is providing.

I tried to update but now I have this error

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_Snell_WSM4Hubitat_712.$() is applicable for argument types: (user_driver_Snell_WSM4Hubitat_712$_GetOWForecast_closure4) values: [user_driver_Snell_WSM4Hubitat_712$_GetOWForecast_closure4@ec9e69]
Possible solutions: is(java.lang.Object), run(), run(), any(), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), any(groovy.lang.Closure) on line 970 (method GetOWForecast)

1 Like

Updated Version(s):

• WSM4Hubitat.groovy = 0.9.10

Change(s):

• Correction to line 970 for the OW portion of the new icon URL to image. I accidentally nested a ${ } around the one that was SUPPOSED to be doing it. Thanks to @cedric for bringing the error up so quickly.

Thanks, it"s fixed.
Do you know how I can display this image in an easy dashboard ?

Not sure... I do not use the Easy Dashboard. I just knew I had to get it available as an image at least.

But I am trying out the Easy Dashboard to see if I can give some instruction...

UPDATE:
Maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out, but I cannot. I do not see any way to add the image onto the Easy Dashboard.

I did it pretty easily using an original Dashboard:

1. Select the + icon
  2. Select the device
  3. Select the "attribute" template
  4. Select "image" from the Attribute dropdown
  5. Select the Add Tile (make any other changes you might want such as size or position before this of course)