AliExpress. com link
AliExpress. us link
AliExpress. us link
AliExpress. us link

eBay .com : (link)

Model: TS0001 Manufacturer: _TZ3210_dse8ogfy

User Manual: (link)
Youtube review: (link)

The recommended installation method is from Hubitat Package Manager (HPM). Search for "Fingerbot" or by tag "Zigbee".

The latest driver version code can be manually installed from GitHub :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Fingerbot/Tuya_Zigbee_Fingerbot_lib_included.groovy

22 Likes

Revisions history:

• ver. 2.0.3 2023-06-10 - Tuya Zigbee Fingerbot first version.
  • ver. 2.0.5 2023-07-02 - Fingerbot-specific code moved to a Library.
  • ver. 2.1.3 2023-08-28 - Added Momentary capability for Fingerbot in the main code; direction preference initialization bug fix; voltageToPercent (battery %) is enabled by default; fingerbot button enable/disable;
  • ver. 2.1.4 2023-08-28 - (dev. branch) added capability PushableButton for Fingerbot; sendTuyCommand independent from the particular Fingerboot fingerprint;
    Added _TZ3210_j4pdtz9v Moes Zigbee Fingerbot
  • ver. 3.0.4 2024-03-29 kkossev - (dev. branch) Groovy Lint; new driver format and allignment w/commonLib ver 3.0.4; fingerBot mode setting bug fix; added touchButton attribute;
    push() toggles on/off;

This is great!! :partying_face:
You can't imagine how many things I've wanted to finger! err, give the finger to.
Wait... poke? :thinking:

4 Likes

Figures this finally happens with Zigbee after I finally get the switchbots working local Bluetooth in Home Assistant.

1 Like

This is great news!
Bad news is that I've recently ordered 2no. Fingerbot plus devices (Bluetooth version).
Also, this does tempt me to rid of my Switchbot bots which I run on HA.
Edit: reason for ordering fingerbot when I was already using switchbot bot was that the plastic hook used in switch mode elongated due excessive use and easily came out as it was loose... fingerbot finger accessories looked more appealing for this reason!

Someone here was wanting a device that would lock their car doors at a certain time. This would work but a spare key would have to be used, unless some sort of docking station was used where the key would be inserted. I know my Toyota keys have a removeable module that could be dedicated to this.

Alright!! I'm in. Worth the chance that a driver can be conjured. Thanks for the headzup.

This is great, now I can ensure that my zigbee devices turn on if Zigbee is down. This little button will push the button on my Zigbee plug that failed to respond, er um...nevermind :grinning:

1 Like

The only WiFi device that I still use is a Broadlink WiFi extension plug, controlled by Broadlink Alexa integration... I use it to power cycle all my HE hubs. Actually, I used it just once or twice.

Edit: I forgot the Broadlink RM4/RM3 IR blasters, also WiFi but working rather reliably for more than 3 years now.

2 Likes

Just be aware that all of the internal gubbins in these is plastic and they have in my experience broken within a year doing a simple easy thing such as flipping a UK lightswitch twice a day. A zigbee one would be useful but I'm not buying any more of them because they don't last.

Incidentally, Is it possible to convert something to zigbee from wifi by swapping the little "shield" board with the transceiver on, or is it more complicated than that?

I haven't seen anyone sharing his experience to change the SoC modules from WiFi to Zigbee. It will involve precise soldering, but probably the bigger problem is that flashing the Zigbee SoC with the correct firmware is not possible to be done by a user. The different Tuya devices have different manufacturer codes hardcoded into the firmware, and I suppose these codes (it is the 'manufacturer' that we see in the Zigbee data details) are used by Tuya to charge back the different manufacturers based on the Cloud services actual usage.

Fingerbot + Zigbee: The Ultimate Combination for Home Automation? - YouTube

1 Like

Purchased a zigbee fingerbot from Aliexpress, just arrived today.
Home Assistant, Zigbee2MQTT, picks it up as an 1 gang switch and supports push mode only.
Edit: I belive the incorrect device details was fixed 10 hours in the Zigbee2MQTT dev/edge version.
Look forward to driver from @kkossev.

Summary

Device pairing info - Fingerbot (zigbee)
Manufacturer: _TZ3210_dse8ogfy
Endpoint 01 application: 52
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0006,EF00,0000
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TZ3210_dse8ogfy
Endpoint 01 model: TS0001
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4

Data:
endpointId: 01
application: 52
inClusters: 0006,EF00,0000
manufacturer: _TZ3210_dse8ogfy
model: TS0001
outClusters: 0019,000A
softwareBuild:

3 Likes

Mine arrived today, as well.

Have you tried some of the existing drivers? The inbuilt Generic Zigbee Switch as example?
You can also try the Zemismart driver for a simple on/off control. Manually change the driver and then obligatory pair the device again to the hub.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.
Yes, the fingerbot works with generic switch drivers; both on and off control just operates the bot in push mode.
I need the "switch mode" with adjustable up and down positions for my use cases.

1 Like

You can now test the first version (link is in the first post).

3 Likes

I am now ready for my coffee to be prepared as soon as I get up tomorrow morning! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@kkossev, great job as always :clap:
You even beat the Zigbee2MQTT developers!
I am using it in switch mode to turn on my whole house ventilation unit, and it is working great.

Summary

2 Likes

I am gonna have to purchase another Zigbee Fingerbot, it's been working great!

The bluetooth version is just unreliable; Tuya BLE in HA works really well and it is also really fast but occasionally becomes "unavailable" for some unknown reason. And, totally unusable in Smart Life!

Tuya BLE

1 Like