Project Ideas

I actually never liked the child setup that inovelli came up with.. It’s clunky and limited.. There is no real limit .. It’s soft imposed by their driver..

1 Like

I seem to recall you talking about an alternative solution for managing the notifications. Did that get released and I just missed it? I'd love to better leverage the notification LEDs, but the current methods leave a little to be desired from a management perspective.

1 Like

I released an pre release.. Nobody seemed interested so I dropped it.. And then someone else wrote another that handled it in a different way..

1 Like

Agreed! I finally broke down an tried them to control the default level on a black dimmer. They work, but I feel like there is a better way.

And to be honest the other solution was more compact.. But for the life of me I can’t remember who it was

Found it:

1 Like

I've clearly been slacking off Inovelli developments - Thank you!

Pie in sky: a way to move a rule from one hub to another.

1 Like

How about an easy app to save playlists, radio stations, etc. for easy playback?

1 Like

Music Song/Playlist Scheduler: If you use Sonos, a better way to schedule specific songs and or playlists.
e.g. I'd love to have a night time song/playlist to get my kids ready to bed, or when on vacation and movement close to my house could trigger music to simulate we are home while not playing all the time. There are endless scenarios where I would like specific music to play on my Sonos and today manually doing this with URLs is a pain.

2 Likes

Home Away/Vacation Simulator: There is one out there, but it seems more about simulating 'exactly' how you behave (so more of a recorder, manual do this at x hour) from what I can tell then a more controlled yet random simulator like Wink 2 use to have.

I could imagine so easy to use (but advanced) ways to set rules like;
*) Between X and Y time - randomly turn on this set of lights and music (and have multiple rules like that to accommodate simulated normal behavior.

@bptworld - If your app already does this, then ignore me. When I checked it seemed more prescriptive.

2 Likes

Here's an impossible challenge - Native Arlo integration, including local video access and arming of individual cameras. Good luck ha ha ha!

2 Likes

Z-wave and/or zigbee firmware updates.

1 Like

Zigbee firmware updates & modifying bulbs firmware so they don't act as repeaters. But then I'd need to find a use for my second hub!

3 Likes

And a better locally operating dashboard that can utilize multiple hubs.

1 Like

This is the big project @bcopeland is about to release :crazy_face::+1:.

This would be nice :+1:

4 Likes

I recently saw an example of some data visualizations in Google's Data Studio. I thought it looked quite cool, and I wanted to compare it to Grafana, which I recently got working with the InfluxDB Logger plugin. Data Studio doesn't appear to have an InfluxDB connector available, but it natively supports MySQL and BigQuery. I was thinking of one day trying to roll my own logger for one/both of those databases. It's probably fairly easy to do for somebody with experience in the right areas (not me). Any interest?

You could use node red to write to a sql db.

I know, but I don't currently have any other reason to set up a node red server, so I'd rather be able to just do it in the hub, using an app.

You can't do that unless you modify the firmware of the bulb itself which is completely independent of Hubitat. That would require that you have the basis of the firmware and I know of no manufacturer that releases that kind of stuff publicly.

2 Likes