[PROJECT] Driver for WeatherFlow API

Hi - not a super sleuth- but did you put in the correct station ID? And the correct token, letter case included and dashes? Any error messages? by the way- welcome aboard....

Thank you for the quick response. I cut and pasted the Personal Use Token. I just confirmed it is correct. The station ID has the format of ST-xxxxxxxx (8 digits, correct?).

No that's the station name code. It's not very intuitive but the station ID can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the weather forecast page on the Tempest app and clicking the green "Online" icon:

That will display a status page that among other things will show the station ID. On my Tempest status page the station ID is a 5 digit number.

EDIT: You can also get to the status page from the app via Settings->Stations->[YOUR STATION NAME]->Status

2 Likes

Or in the app goto settings - stations - your station name - status - scroll down to get the station ID. The number you gave is the s/n. Once you input the correct info, you should be golden...
(Should be in the hub section)

2 Likes

Outstanding! May good Karma find both of you. I’m now receiving data from my Tempest. My next task is to get a tile to register that data. My afternoon is free. Again, thank you for your help.

3 Likes

YW -- glad I could be of help✌🏻

1 Like

So I got your AmbientEcowittWeather driver in my C7. I have a Miso MH25 kit (with the little router) on my Win PC and it is working with the builtin Datalogger 2.2 by going to it's ip in my browser.

So up to this point hardware is up and running.

I created a Wunderground account and a PWS. I have a Station ID and a Key (pw?). My WS is not reporting data to Wunderground. Says it is offline. This is my first problem.

More importantly I want to use this data with my C7. This si where I don't understand things. I created a virtual device in the C7 and used your driver. But it does not know where to look for my WS. I see no place to insert an IP, port so it can talk to my WS.

What steps do I need to take to get this talking to my C7?

Thanks

The driver itself does not connect to the weather station (or a gateway). Instead, it is waiting for the information to be sent from the gateway to the Hubitat (the Local method) or by querying the respective API.

If you were using an Ecowitt Gateway or an Ambient device with local data method, I would say you go to their respective apps and configure the custom destination that it can send the weather to. The instructions for that are in the driver, but it basically sums up to sending it to the IP of the Hubitat (with the listed path) and making sure that the virtual device on the Hubitat running the driver has a DNI that matches up with the MAC address of the gateway sending the data.

Do you have any links for what you are using? I did some searches but only found stuff that does not seem related when I searched on "Miso MH25" or "Datalogger 2.2".

Happy to help try to figure out how to get it working if possible.

Thanks snell,

This I did get things configured in both your driver and my WS, It is accessed via my browser which opens a GUI called Datalogger 2.2. There I configured it's network settings as shown here.....

The station ID and PW were for connecting to Wunderground which also did not work.

I have this WS....

My old Ambient WS2902 is what I am replacing. It is the exact same thing, sans the console part.
Here is a screen shot of the Misol's data page via my browser.

I just need it to talk to my C7 so I can write some rules with the data.

I only get this error in Hubitat logs, and no data.

dev:67992023-10-16 06:03:49.635 PMerrorjava.net.UnknownHostException: www.drdsnell.com: Temporary failure in name resolution on line 2211 (method CheckForUpdate)

dev:67992023-10-16 06:03:49.632 PMerrorjava.net.UnknownHostException: www.drdsnell.com on line 2211 (method CheckForUpdate)

I just realized we are discussing the driver in the wrong thread. We really should be talking about it over in my Ambient/Ecowitt driver thread HERE.

Those errors were a failure of it trying to reach my website (it could not reach my webserver) to check if there was a newer version of the driver to let you know about. They would not affect any data received from the weather station.

1 Like

This is a question and a feature request. Why does this driver not define itself as a weather station device type? Not even the "Station" child appears to be defined formally as a weather station. When I try to display it on a dashboard and select "weather" as the device type, neither this station nor any of its children appear in the list.

Can that definition be added at least to the children so we can display the station in a box? I could add individual attributes but I bought this station to replace an old Netatmo one and the dashboard is already built.

LJ

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean. There is no driver capability for "station" or "weather", I even just checked the list to make sure it was not something brand new I somehow missed.

If the parent (or station child) are enabled for a dashboard, you can add a tile for either and select the Weather template. They will show Humidity, Temperature, Wind Speed, and Wind Direction normally. Here is what my parent device (named Tempest) shows after just being added:
WeatherTile

You need to get out the heater and dehumidifier :laughing:

If that was my indoor situation I would be in really rough shape now! At least it is not too windy. :slight_smile:

I am sorry. My stupidity. I thought I added the parent to the dashboard device list but I must have fat fingered it. That was my problem. I am duly embarrassed.

Thanks for support.

LJ

No worries. New features happen all the time so at first I thought there was something I missed in capabilities!

Glad it worked out and is usable.

1 Like

Updated Version(s):

• WeatherFlow.groovy = 0.4.9

Change(s):

• Additional checks for null data returned by the WeatherFlow
  • Replacement of driver-specific attributes ("Driver Name", "Driver Status", and "Driver Version") with ones that do not have spaces in the name. The next time Save Preferences is performed it will remove the old ones if they still exist.
1 Like

Updated Version(s):

• WeatherFlow.groovy = 0.4.10
  • WeatherSensorChild.groovy = 0.8.14

Change(s):

• Correction to ProcessEvent function in both drivers.
  • WeatherSensorChild has been updated to replace the driver-specific attributes just like the WeatherFlow driver was updated previously.

@snell

It appears that back in version 0.3.3 you made a change to support reporting of station pressure in inHg rather than psi. I am currently running the latest versions of 0.4.10 and child version 0.8.14. Those versions seem to be reporting in PSI again and not inHg. Did you remove that on purpose at some point? FWIW, I do prefer inHg. Can that be corrected?

LJ

@ljp-hubitat: No idea when that went away to be honest. 0.3.3 was quite some time ago but I am not sure when or why I would have changed it back to psi. Rather than purely change it back I am now making a Preference you can set so people can use whichever (of the 3) they may want.

Updated Version(s):

• WeatherFlowAPI.groovy = 0.4.11

Change(s):

• Added a preference to select which Pressure unit you want to use (mbar, psi, or inHG). If you do not select one, it will base it off of your Measurement Standard (Metric = mbar, Imperial = psi). This should affect all pressure related attributes.
  • Removes "Driver Status" variables when you next Save Preferences.
2 Likes