Drivers for querying a Neptune Systems Apex aquarium controller for status.
- Queries the IP/Hostname of the Apex controller for the status.json then parses that data into a variety of attributes and variables. Officially, Neptune Systems denies the existence of the status.json and states people should use the status.xml. However, I have found that the json is much more complete than the xml is.
- Provides attributes for the most common (and known) variables from a variety of modules.
- Can "recognize" modules attached to the Apex including Apex itself, EB4, EB8, EB832, PM1 (if pH in use), PM2 (if Cond in use), AFS, FMM, VDM, AI, Vortech, & DOS. Other modules may be recognized but I would prefer more data (if anyone wants to provide me copies of their status.json).
- Can have a set of "custom" variables identified for additional data as the sensors all report as the name a user sets them for, not with a specific standard otherwise.
- If the child driver is also loaded and children are enabled in the parent it will create child devices for each module recognized and put their respective attributes and events there as well. If you disable the children later, it will automatically delete all the child devices. Enabling it again will automatically recreate them the next time there is a data refresh. If you add new modules to your Apex, those will automatically get added as children during the next data refresh as well.
- Driver checks each day for a new version of the driver and will post an event if a new driver version is available. It does not automatically update.
- These are now available within the Hubitat Package Manager (HPM).
- New/updated versions could appear at any time. The links listed above will remain valid (they do not change for versions) and I will make a note in a new post whenever a new version is published.