[PROJECT] Driver for Blink API

The new Wired Floodlights you mean? Unfortunately not. Despite trying a large variety of URLs in the hopes of finding what it is... nothing has worked for @mterrace yet (who volunteered to try a bunch). So right now it is mostly just operating like a Mini camera.

Without a published API it is all trial & error unless someone receives some sort of insider knowledge or similar and none of the other similar projects appear to have any details on this device yet.

My apologies if this is a oversimplified question/Thought. Has anyone tried debugging the Amazon Alexa Skill that is able to shut off the wired flood lights. maybe grab a wireshark and identify the URI being sent and then porting that over to hubitat?

I (personally) have not been able to as the data is encrypted and their system prevents "man in the middle" methods from working.

As an example, I installed a Wireshark equivalent on my phone and attempted to monitor the traffic. The app would not function. The monitor indicated in the logs that the communication was attempting to be encrypted but since it could not validate the connection properly (due to the MITM) it was failing and being terminated. It MAY be possible with an older or rooted phone, but I do not have that.

Is this normal:

This happen every night:

when the daily check occurs:

It is normal... but it is not intentional. I will have to try to figure out why exactly it is occuring. There are multiple calls that are performed during the Daily Check that return a BUNCH of data (that is why I only do it once a day) but they are also ones that could help identify new devices, networks, etc... (things that do not change often). They DO return much of the data that is included in the normal refresh process (just they return a lot more also). So what I am betting on is that there are differences being returned between the calls and it is flipping it. The Armed event might have gotten "out of sync" with multiple things changing it in quick fashion.

This is all a bit of speculation. I know what areas to look into... but I will have to dig into stuff I have not worked on in a long time. So it might take a bit of time to fix.

Thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

I'm having issues getting blink to re-authorize.... email and pass removed from logs

Blink - Unauthorized response during authorization
Blink - Authorization Params: [uri:https://rest-u018.immedia-semi.com/api/v5/account/login, contentType:application/json, body:{"unique_id": "BlinkCamera_xxxxxxxxxxxx","password":"xxxxxx^Va6rqW","email":"xxxxxxxxx","client_name":"Hubitat Hub1","reauth":true,"client_id":"62000"}, headers:[User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36]]
Blink - Authorizing...
Scratch that.... had to use authorize false then I got a new pin.
1 Like

Weird that the original stuff expired, but glad the Authorize false worked.

1 Like

Ya -- the Authorize seems to be a hit-or-miss thing

Normal authorize (Authorize true) tries to keep it like a reauthorization. The false tells it "do not bother, redo it all"...

1 Like

Wonderful app, been working beautifully. Several months ago, add a blink wired floodlight camera which, as I recall, was automatically picked up. It added as a "BlinkChild-MiniCamera" and works great.

Today, added a second wired floodlight camera to the same blink sync module. Shows up in Blink just fine but cannot find it it hubitat. Tried reauthorizing several times but no luck.

I do have 3 blink sync models and 16 cameras (max of 8 on the sync module with the new camera that's invisible to hubitat). Could I be exceeding some limit?

Advice much appreciated.

Figured it out, I think. Had never downloaded the driver for flood light wired camera. Didn’t need it a couple of months ago when I added such a device as the basic camera driver gave me what I wanted. Today, though, did download the wired spot light app, changed the driver for the earlier spotlight camera to the newly download driver and then, after reauthorizing, the newly added (and second) wired spotlight blink appeared in hubitat.

Like being able to control those floodlights from hubitat, too.

Glad it worked out.

Was there an update that has wired flood lights working? (ability to turn on/0ff flood lights)

Unfortunately not. We could not find a command that worked for controlling them.

I have not found any information online from any of the other projects attempting to use the Blink API on them either. Oddly, mine seems to be the main one dealing with either floodlight. Unless there is another project out there that I have not found to ask, but a few Google searches has not found any I am unaware of.

@snell - Do you know if Blink has made any changes recently? My HE sends the "off" command to turn off (disarm) my cameras and the app changes from armed to disarmed. Even the motion detector men disappear. But the camera still records and reports on motion.

Let me know if there is anything I can grab or you need from me to help troubleshoot.

EDIT: Forgot to include the listing of drivers I have installed.

I am not aware of any changes but it is not like Blink publishes anything for their API. If their app is showing the changes submitted by the driver, then it is still receiving the command properly. It is very strange that the camera is still recording stuff even when the app shows everything off.

Does it turn off properly within the app? Does an "on" command work properly?

Not really sure what troubleshooting can be done for it if the command seems to go through. Maybe the camera itself is getting confused and needs a "POPO" (power on - power off) by pulling the batteries for a bit, or maybe there is a firmware update... Usually if something goes wrong with the drivers you get an error message or the app shows nothing happened. This is the first time I can think of for this scenario.

By the way... unless you actually have all their different types of devices, you really do not need all the drivers. Not that having the others would harm anything, just excess.

The "on" works, yes. The only way I could see to truly disable the camera was to arm and disarm it again via the app. I didn't try that through the HE though.

I agree, I don't really know how to troubleshoot this as well. Perhaps they were having an issue too. I just tested it and didn't get any notifications of videos.

1 Like

Maybe it was a glitch... Well, let me know if it happens in the future or anything else of course. Hopefully everything just continues to work out.

1 Like

Just installed a wired flood light this afternoon. Happy to see that the camera doesn't need to be armed for the light to come on with motion. I know that the flood light on | off doesn't work quite yet, but hopefully one day it will. I would love to be able to push a button to have the flood light come on for a set period of time, like you can do within the app.

I've said this before, at least I think I have. Love your work on this integration. Thank you!

3 Likes

Now if only I knew a Blink developer that could give me some API hints every now and then or such... :slight_smile: