[PROJECT] Driver for Blink API

I just realized what I was doing wrong and now have it fix. It now work without another pin showing up. Thanks.

1 Like

@snell Hmmm, I followed instructions to generate the new CliendID and everything seemed to be working fine with Refresh Rate set to 1 hour. However, the logs show that I went Unauthorized again when the driver did the Daily Check at 11:30 AM. Sorry, but I didn't have TRACE logging enabled so I don't have any other logs to share. I'll turn on TRACE again and wait for the next Daily Check to see what happens. I did Authorize (true) and everything is working again.

It does not work for me. I still receive a new text every 12 hours. I did follow the instructions: the Authorization field change from "still require pin verification" to "OK" but it does not stop the text from coming and the field get back to requiring pin. It is kind of worst then before because previously I could ignore the text but now if I do the driver stop working.

@leeonestop It is nice that you solve your problem. Maybe you could share what it was so others don't make the same mistake.

@snell
I have full logs from my continuing Auth. Will PM.
Ha, I'll have to cut the size down as it was rejected.

1 Like

@WindowWasher: Did you have the Trace on when you did the Authorize (true)? You can check the log and see if the returned headers contain Client-Verified:1 (Verified) or Client-Verified:0 (Not Verified).

That being said, if you do get a log and want to shoot it to me as a PM I can try to review it.

@ymerj: Do you have a ClientID that starts with "BlinkCamera"?

@dnickel: Replied to your PM.

The new auth fix is still working great here. No more text messages. :+1:

No, TRACE was not on when I did the Authorize. I do have the logs from yesterday (with TRACE on) for the Authorize (false) and PIN verification if you want to see those. Let me know if you do and I'll PM them to you.

Same here, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Unfortunately I went unauthorised again after 24 hours. I'll PM you the trace logs.

Yes my ClientID start with "BlinkCamera"

I'm confuse: your instructions says reauthorize should be set to false but people here are talking about it set to true. which one is it?

@ymerj: The first time now you should do the Authorize (false). After that one (once your ClientID starts with "BlinkCamera") you should be able to do Authorize (true).

The false one is ONLY if you need to reset the ClientID or want the authorization to start from scratch (which should result in a PIN every time).

@WindowWasher: Yes, if you could send me the logs in a PM.

Even before the latest update I never had a un-authed login to my cameras after my first install. Crazy but true so I always ignored my emails from blink.

@Evilborg: It does appear that they handle different accounts differently is all I can say. On mine, I would go "Unauthorized" after ~18-24hrs if I did not authenticate and get a new auth-token. Then Blink made changes to the API and every single time mine would authenticate I would get a PIN (by email or text once I switched to that). I could ignore them and my system would still work but it was annoying. Then after ~week it stopped working until I verified a PIN. Then it kept going (with the PINs coming in).
The whole PIN thing has been annoying enough that I started looking for a way to resolve it. I think I found it and my system has yet to send me a new pin and it has not had any issues since shortly before I posted the new update.

But obviously people are having some problems. Part of it is probably unclear instructions on my part, part of it is that it takes 12-24hrs to even know if it worked... and part of it might be an X-Factor from Blink... I just hope that last one is not true.

Strange... I wonder what magic my account had that I never had to re-auth?..

I cannot be sure (one thing I was hoping was maybe different regions were reacting differently, but people having difficulties are from everywhere) so maybe Blink just thinks you are special. :grin:

The only thing I can think of is that I have a block of static IP's and maybe Blink treats auth's differently if coming from the same IP all the time. My router has its own static IP plus the static IP's I use for devices.

So far, after redoing it three times exactly the same way, it seems to hold. I did not receive a text since yesterday. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Me too had never to re-authorize before this last update and I'm also with a fix IP with my provider. Maybe just a coincidence.

Here what I did and it stop authorize and is working ok.

1. Authorize with false
  2. receive a pin
  3. Verify pi and do not hit or push the reauthorize command /button
    I kept on reauthorized it and it keep sending me a pin? after verify the pin I quit the devices page and came back after 15 minutes or so and it still show Authorization: OK should be good to go.

Actually that might be one of the keys to the puzzle, if you’re on dynamic IP from your ISP, when that changes, it could be a trigger for Blink to ask for a re-auth. Might track your external IP changes to see if it corresponds, even partially, to the re-auth requests.

1 Like

After the Verify PIN step, you should not need to Authorize manually anymore as the device should have a scheduled one every 12 hours. Maybe it was getting confused by the extra attempts?

Either way, glad it is working now.