[PROJECT] Driver for Blink API

New territory for me. I have the BlinkAPI loaded and authorized. My four hubs are loaded through the BlinkChild-Network, and I can arm and disarm the networks. All good! What I can not figure out is how to get the individual cameras to load under each of the hubs. I do have the blinkchild-Camera driver loaded.

Cameras should be created as child devices automatically, and should have appeared at the same time the Network child devices appeared under the parent (they all happen at the same time). You should also have seen a Sync Module (or multiple) appear, usually one per Blink hub.

Do you have any errors showing in the logs?

I don't see them, but I do have some errors.

A long list...here's a sample.

2022-09-28 09:55:06.820 pm debug Blink_api - Adding SyncModule-30122 of type SyncModule

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.817 pm error Blink_api - Failure to add null and post Local Storage Compatible=false

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.813 pm error Blink_api - BlinkChild-SyncModule driver is not loaded for SyncModule-30122

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.810 pm debug Blink_api - Adding SyncModule-30122 of type SyncModule

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.807 pm error Blink_api - Failure to add null and post Onboarded=true

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.804 pm error Blink_api - BlinkChild-SyncModule driver is not loaded for SyncModule-30122

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.801 pm debug Blink_api - Adding SyncModule-30122 of type SyncModule

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.798 pm debug Blink_api - SyncModule List = [30122]

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.795 pm trace Blink_api - State: SyncModule = [30122]

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.791 pm trace Blink_api - Did not find 30122

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.788 pm error Blink_api - Failure to add SyncModule-30122 and post ID=30122

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.785 pm error Blink_api - BlinkChild-SyncModule driver is not loaded for SyncModule-30122

dev:5972022-09-28 09:55:06.782 pm debug Blink_api - Adding SyncModule-30122 of type SyncModule

Yup, that is causing the trouble. You do not have the Sync child driver added also. The API adds that one in (so it does not seem like it should be obvious) but it is used by stuff.

I am going to move that one to a REQUIRED child driver right now...

Thank you. That did the trick. All my cameras loaded up.

Hey @snell, odd issue here today, no matter what button I press, refresh, authorize, get homescreen, all comes back with the same error, almost like it's pointing to the wrong server or the message is not getting through.

Just checked my logs and I am getting the same error as of 4pm EST today and when I manually try to perform commands.

Blink app is working... so I will have to look into if they changed something for the API connections.

Unfortunately their app blocks normal methods of monitoring it so Wireshark equivalents for Android do not work and I do not have enough developer experience/environment to dig into it deep enough to figure such things out otherwise.

Yep, just done the old delete device and reinstall and the same 502 error. Thought it might be something on my end but I fear they have changed something.

I am trying to be hopeful it is a glitch on their end that will be sorted out... When I manually try stuff on my end going to the server address I know, the server responds initially. But any deeper information is failing with that 502. If this IS a change it is too soon for the the other couple API projects I know of out there also as there is nothing new on any of them.

In the meantime I am still trying what I can... although I will have to pause soon whether I find something or not. Normal family life getting in the way of Hubitat. :grin:

EDIT:
Little further examination of the response behind the scenes... It appears to be referencing an error from cloudfront. When I combine that with the 502 message most of the information online appears geared around there being an SSL misconfiguration between the originating server and the cloudfront services that are used to help distribute it. So MAYBE there really is an error on their end that will be resolved? At this point I think I should "wait and see" a touch.

3 Likes

I hear ya, lol. I think I jumped the gun assuming something happened on my end. Since I tried deleting and reinstalling the device all the Auth is gone so now no access whatsoever, maybe I should have waited. No biggie, I am sure it's nothing too major, after all the app is still working from the phone. The was a new feature rolled out though, something to do with accessing a snapshot on android and ios devices. That was only last week.

The piece I saw when looking at stuff was an odd disconnect and reconnect of one of my sync modules from the network yesterday. My initial fear was maybe it got a firmware update to support some new server destination... except all my driver-side stuff continued fine yesterday and into today. But of course Blink (Amazon) does not publish any readme for their firmware and you cannot even find out about the version my sync has on it.

The push last week might have been related to the new pan/tilt module they added for the Mini cameras. Got one of those myself... but no indications it can be through the API. You cannot even control it unless you are using liveview. I was hoping to see if it could be set to automatically sweep, or center on a motion area when motion is detected, or similar stuff but nope (not yet at least).

Well dang! I'm glad I checked here before freaking out. I just installed a UDM Pro and thought I messed up something. I'm also getting 502 error.

Yeah... still showing up. Not thrilled by this development. It has until tomorrow afternoon to correct itself before I will start to panic. :expressionless:

Still nothing about it from any other projects. I am going to reach out and see if they have seen anything/know anything directly.

Well if it continues it may be the nail in the coffin for our Blink system. Your integration saved it at the beginning of this journey. It's unfortunate that I just dumped a bunch of money into network infrastructure otherwise I'd be buying a bunch of G3 Flexs for inside.

1 Like

The G5 Flex is in EA now... not sure when those will become available nor whether they are worth $50 more than the G3 Flex.

Even though I just got the Mini's pan/tilt... I am also getting a bit discouraged with the Blink system... I may start looking at alternatives. While I have a pretty decent Ubiquiti setup their cameras are basically all out of my price range for what they provide. Not that I have real high demands for the cameras (I mean, all my current ones are Blink after all). I WOULD prefer to have a local-only system that I can still interface with Hubitat...

All that said, I would not dump the Blink driver. Even if they made a change so it appears dead in the short-term there is the chance people will figure out where the new destination is and I would be able to revive it. Overall I still hope this is just a glitch. I have still been playing a bit on my side and no changes at all. Never gets a "Not Found" or "Not Authorized"... always just that Cloudfront-related 502.

4 Likes

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the Blink API. I looked at my logs and it states:
2022-11-04 12:06:35.497 AMerror Blink API - 502 from Blink
I tried to reauthorize and did not get emailed a PIN but did get the following error
dev:652022-11-04 07:56:15.257 AMerror Blink API - 502 from Blink during authorization

I checked and the app is up to date (via the HPM). I can turn it on/off manually and it is working.

@DGBQ Yep, we all are. Read up a few posts and you will get the idea of whats going on.

Thanks @chad.andrews

Now getting a 403 error

[dev:712](http://192.168.1.182/logs#)2022-11-04 01:27:21.579 PM[error](http://192.168.1.182/logs#) Blink - 403 from Blink during authorization

[dev:712](http://192.168.1.182/logs#)2022-11-04 01:04:10.190 PM[error](http://192.168.1.182/logs#) Blink - 403 from Blink
2 Likes

Also getting 403 now instead of 502 as before