[PROJECT] Driver for Ambient API/Local and Ecowitt

Is it reporting as a tempf or temp1f?

1 Like

tempf ! :grin:

1 Like

Nice!

I'm thinking of purchasing one of these ambient weather stations for my home. Can someone tell me what I will need to purchase to make this work successfully? I see several different options?

I use this one Ambient Weather WS-2902A Smart Weather Station with WiFi Remote Monitoring and Alerts

2 Likes

You may also consider Ecowitt. It’s the same Fine Offset equipment, and there should be a driver for it soon too.

1 Like

FYI - The lastest firmware for the GW1000 has been released and it supports custom endpoint for URL posting. Now the GW1000 can be integrated with any system that can accept a POST and parse the input.

1 Like

Can you give an example of how you would parse the input in HE?

No sorry. I haven't done any HE development in a long time. The data is in the body in standard form format though.

param=value&param1=value1&param2=value2& and so on...

1 Like
def data = "session=234567893egshdjchasd&userId=12345673456&timeOut=1800000"
def map = [:]

data.split("&").each {param ->
    def nameAndValue = param.split("=")
    map[nameAndValue[0]] = nameAndValue[1]
}
log.debug "$map.userId, $map.timeOut"
1 Like

Have I missed a release of the driver for the Ecowitt below? I see it mentioned so I was wondering. Thanks

No, but the prerequisites for one are here

Off topic but I thought you @SmartHomePrimer might be of interest as you use Insteon as well. I'm finishing up the Nodeserver for ISY and it should be released later this week.

1 Like

:sunglasses: I’m not an ISY user, but I always like seeing options for Insteon. Unless you use it, you’ll never know just how good their quality devices are when locally integrated with HE.

This driver is great, I like that it allows you to see the weekly rain and inside temp.

What value do you use to tell it is currently raining? With my weather underground driver there is a rain rate that I set if over .2 then turn on a rain delay for my sprinkler.

Thanks

Nothing special to them, it is just providing the values your weather station reported. Glad you like it though.

For a "is it raining" now type of effect... I think you could check the hourlyRain or eventRain values if those are reported. hourlyRain is supposed to be the rate of rain per hour (so it it has anything it has rained in the last hour I assume). eventRain is the amount of rain in the current "event" of rain that has been happening. You may also be well-suited to look at Last24HourRain because if it has rained enough in the last 24 hours you probably do not need to water. None of those are calculated (my driver does not calculate many values at all, except for Metric conversion) so they need to be reported by the station.

1 Like

Thanks, it looks like hourly rain will work, event rain still shows a value from last night so I'm guessing that doesn't reset until the next rain starts.

1 Like

Good to know. I am still learning about my station as I notice things (or as helpful people point them out).

V0.9 is now posted. Only change was support for the pm25_in and pm25_in_24h attributes that were added to the API.

What do you think if the PM25, is it worthwhile?