Problems getting Echo Link to work with Echo Speaks

I have a bunch of Echo Link devices throughout my home – basically one for each audio zone in my house. I use them so I can have voice-controlled music throughout my house via Alexa. They enable me to say things like “Echo, play Sheryl Crow in Kitchen” and have higher quality sound come through my whole house audio system instead of a dot for example. It works fantastic for that application.

Now, I am trying to tie these Echo Link devices into my Hubitat environment via Echo Speaks but I am having some problems. ES recognizes the Echo Links and creates a device for each of them – no problem (same as all the other Echo devices I have set up – dots, shows, flexes, etc).

The problem is when I create an Action in ES and try to select an Echo Link as the audio destination nothing happens – no sound at all. I know the event is getting triggered, because when I change the audio destination to a dot, show or any other echo device it works perfectly. It just does not like my Echo Links. I know the Echo Links are working properly because they work perfectly when I push audio to them via Alexa directly. It feels like maybe there is an ES driver issue with these Echo Links. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Might want to post this over in the Echo Speaks thread, Not really familiar with the Links, but they don't have to be linked to another Echo device?

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-echo-speaks-v3-actions

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.