Problem with Rule

I have a rule which is very simple (turn light on, delay, then turn light off). The trigger porting is working as expected but there is a delay which never seems to "finish" and then turn off the light. Looking for any feedback on what may be the issue with my rule
Capture

From my understanding of reading this rule, and correct me if I'm wrong, you want to turn on the light when your mode becomes night and once the mode becomes sleep, wait for 10 minutes then turn off the light.

You could try:
Obviously replacing my VS with your front door light, but just putting that disclaimer here just in case

Technically your rule actions only turn on the bulb, delay only if sleep mode, and then turn off the bulb (it will not wait for sleep mode if that is what you're hoping, though there is another way to write the rule that could do that). I think what you're seeing is the result of a possible bug someone recently reported: in a "Delay per mode," if you are in a mode where the delay is not specified, the rule simply exits. Here, this means your "Off" will never be run.

The workaround would be to either correct the rule to run the appropriate actions (like the above if that is what you're really going for), which would likely not use this potentially problematic action in the first place, or to specify a delay for every mode (avoiding the possible bug).

@dadarkgtprince ... that's exactly how I want to rule to perform. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.