Problem with EU Fibaro Wall Plug Power reporting (FGWPE/F)

Hi,

I am working on getting my devices to work on the Hubitat and preparing to migrate from my Vera.

I am testing my Wall Plug with the built-in driver, but I cannot get any power usage data. In the log I see the following:

ignore: Crc16Encap(checksum:null, command:null, commandClass:null, data:null)

The on/off seems to work though. The type I am using is the EU FGWPE/F-102 ZW5.

Any idea what could be wrong and how I can fix it ?

Did you solve this? Same for me, no power reporting from the plugs.

EDIT: Or to be precise, I don't have any power reporting from my plugs. But, I haven't seen the error you describe in the log.

No, I have not been able to fix this yet. The error messages I get are only visible when you have enabled debug mode.

I have tested a few ST DTH files for the wall plug, but none of the work to even turn on the device, so I don't know if it works with the energy monitoring.

Do we know if it works with a US version of the plug? Any owners out there? :slight_smile:

I would think that it would work. I assume that the only difference is z-wave frequency, plug type and voltage ?

I tried pairing a few plugs with my "secondary" Fibaro HC2, and it worked - no suprise there, just had to be sure! Maybe someone from the Hubitat team can look into this, as it is an integrated driver? Random ping to @mike.maxwell - I'm not sure who is best suited. :slight_smile:

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but the EU Fibaro plug works fine with on/off on Hubitat with the buil-in driver. I assume it might also work for the US version. But, the thing that I am missing is the power consumption.

What I see in the logs is an error message "ignore: Crc16Encap" and from some searching around it seems Hubitat does not supporte Crc16Encap (yet?) and perhaps that is the missing link to get the power into the hub ?

I have a similar error generated from my eu fibaro motion sensors, support have been looking into and gave this response...

Some Fibaro devices try to send data in an encapsulated form which Hubitat does not currently support (although it will in the near future)
This is why you have the Crc16Encap errors.
Basically Hubitat does not understand what it is being sent.

1 Like

Yes, same for me, I use them right now but without power consumption. What I mean was that I tried pairing them with my HC2 to confirm (again) that power works there, and that it isn't a problem with the hardware/plugs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha.. :slight_smile: Yeah, mine work also on the Vera, so I guess we can only wait until it is supported. Not a bid deal-breaker for me at the moment, but I do like to see the consumption as it tells me that something is drawing power and not just that the plug is on.

Hi Guys. Any success with Fibaro Wall Plug energy metering?
I use Dome On Off Plug's driver and it does show some readings. Not sure if it shows energy. I connected it to HE minutes ago. It shows power reading though.

For me, since the 2.0.6 updated, I do see data, but since it really isn´t stored somewhere (i.e. logged) it doesn´t really do anything for me.

I use the built-in HE driver.

Can it not be stored in a global variable? For instance if an energy > 1 then increase a global variable by 1 and resetEnergy through custom command.

Hi Any News regarding this, i have the same problem?

I looked at this again today, with debug active. I'm getting this row (with different values, ofc) a lot when states changes.

ignore: SensorMultilevelReport(precision:1, scale:0, sensorType:4, sensorValue:[54, 193], size:2, scaledSensorValue:1401.7)

"scaledSensorValue" seems to be the actual power measurement. In this case, I was running my Airfryer so ~1400 W seems reasonable - it's rated for 1425 W.

Is there something that can be done to update the official Fibaro Wall Plug driver to read the EU version correctly? Can I/we help the Hubitat team with any more info? Would be really nice to get this working! :slight_smile:

Did you ever get this working. I have the same problem.

Hi Johnny,

I have exactly the same symptom: the power is not available (only energy) and debug log shows the following message:

ignore: SensorMultilevelReport(precision:1, scale:0, sensorType:4, sensorValue:[0, 23], size:2, scaledSensorValue:2.3)

I raised it to Hubitat support in February 2019 (ticket 11998), but except standard message "We identified the issue and your ticket has been escalated to an engineer for further research" never got any meaningful reply.

If anyone has any idea, what else can be done to have EU plug reporting Power, I would really appreciate.

@mike.maxwell any chance this can be fixed?

Can you post a screenshot of the "Data" section?