Problem with Aqara Smart Wall Switch (with Neutral, Double Rocker) - Zigbee Model WS-USC04

I've installed an Aqara Model WS-USC04, which has 2 independent rocker switches. Local control of a directly coupled light is fine (top button). The bottom button is intended to remotely control another light across a room that is plugged into a Zigbee plug-in relay module.

Based on other posts regarding this model switch, I've downloaded and installed this driver: "Aqara Wall Switch (QBKG11LM, QBKG12LM, neutral), Double relay (LLKZMK11LM)" from Hubitat/Drivers at master · guyeeba/Hubitat · GitHub

In addition, I've downloaded and installed the "Generic Child Switch" driver from the same site.

I've paired the Aqara switch with a Hubitat hub, Rev. C-7, platform version 2.3.4.132,
and changed the driver to "Aqara Wall Switch (QBKG11LM, QBKG12LM, neutral), Double relay (LLKZMK11LM)". That driver provides a button option to "Recreate Child Devices", which I pressed.

The result is that I have a parent device "Under-Cabinet Light" that has 2 child devices, "Under-Cabinet Light 1" and "Under-Cabinet Light 2". Neither the parent device nor the child devices can control the Aqara switch at all. The State Variables and Currrent States for the child devices never show values. The parent device always shows the Current State as "switch: off" even if the switch is manually turned ON.

QUERY: any suggestions as to why this setup is not working for me? I have dozens of Leviton wall switches and dimmers working, so the Zigbee network doesn't seem to be the problem.

Did you press Configure after changing drivers?

That driver is also several years old and may not be the right driver for your switch. There have also been multiple platform updates since it was written - so I have no idea if it will still work.

Edit: I checked Amazon reviews for the switch you indicated. Perhaps I'm not looking correctly, but I cannot find any mentioned Hubitat. Are you sure that switch works with Hubitat?

1. I did press Configure after changing drivers.

2. The Aqara switch is not officially supported by Hubitat, but I was under the impression from the following thread that it has been made to work with HE: Aqara Smart Wall Switch (with Neutral, Double Rocker) - Model WS-USC04

So I'm just hoping that I did something wrong in the setup that others will spot, rather that admit defeat and go to a Plan B.

1 Like

So, PROBLEM SOLVED!

It turns out that the Aqara switch, while appearing to be paired, was not actually fully paired.

I removed the device from HE. I pressed the bottom Aqara switch button until the (faint) blue lights in the switch began to blink. Pairing proceeded and this time (not sure what was different this time) pairing proceeded fully. However, the type was wrong, "Generic Zigbee Switch". I changed that to "Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch", pressed Configure, went back to the Device page and refreshed my browser -- and voilà, I had 3 child devices (not sure what the 3rd one does).

The child device with Device Name ending in "EPO1" was the top switch (wired to load), and the child device with Device Name ending in "EPO2" was the bottom switch (not wired to load, intended to be a remote switch). The 3rd child device ends in "EPF2" -- don't know what that means.

All 3 child devices are type "Generic Component Switch". So no special, non-HE driver was required after all for the parent device or the child devices.

All works as intended -- the top Aqara switch controls a nearby under-cabinet light, while the bottom switch controls a remote upper cabinet light (lights plugged into a Sengled Smart Plugs relay).

4 Likes

Have you tried either Generic Zigbee Switch (won't get you full functionality but might be useful to test) or Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch as the driver?

FWIW I have had a WS-USC01 and a WS-USC03 on the Generic Zigbee Switch driver for a couple of months now, almost without issue (each switch dropped from the zigbee mesh once).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.