Problem setting periodic triggers

This morning I tried to create a RM trigger that would fire on weekdays at 7:55am. This looked reasonable enough:

I hit done, but ended up with:

According to the log:

I'm on hub firmware 1.1.7.120.

That's very odd. Are you using Safari? I just did the exact same trigger on Chrome with no problem. Going to try now with Safari.

I am using Safari.

It didn't fail for me on Safari either. Would you please delete that trigger, and create it again.

I tried it three times in Safari with the same result. It never actually completed during any of those tries; when I got to the view with the title and a blank box and clicked "Done", I'd just get a title and blank box (the Done button would go away). When I went back to the app list, the new trigger wouldn't be there.

I created the rule in Chrome and it worked fine. I'll poke a bit at Safari to see if I can figure out what's going on from the client side. I'm on Safari 12.0.1 (14606.2.104.1.1).

I'm doing it on Safari Version 12.0 (13606.2.11), and not getting the error. So it's some Safari issue, not sure what. I'll pass it on to engineering to look at.

The format for the settings[startingDC1] parameter is different between Safari and Chrome, and it's the one the log is flagging as invalid, so presumably whatever's constructing the timestamp in my version of Safari is just mis-formatting it at some point.

Safari:

Chrome:

Thanks.

Did you notice how these Periodic triggers are firing at 11 seconds into the minute? That's an artifact of RM running on ST. Their scheduler was so bad, that if too many things got scheduled at the same time and would be dropped. So moving these events to :11 was an attempt to dodge that bullet. Our next release will move these to :00.

That's hilarious. I remember ST having to jump through some pretty impressive hoops, like migrating their scheduler to more powerful systems, because it kept failing under load.

Too funny.