Problem getting Schlage Connect to go thru inclusion

I reset my Schlage Connect lock, excluded it out of Smartthings hub just fine. Then while trying to do a "inclusion" of this lock into Hubitat, I accidentally entered the wrong 5 digit dsk code and that must have screwed up the "initializing" process. When I try over to do a "inclusion" Hubitat will show Found Devices: Found Z-Wave Device with id 07.... and then goes no where. I've tried doing a exclusion as well z-wave repair... Hubitat won't remove this stalled "found device" so I can't go any further. Any thoughts? I just ordered a range extender just in case that might help.

You will need to place the hub next to the lock. Literally right next to the lock, less than 1 foot away. An extender won't work for inclusion. You can get a long ethernet cable, a wifi range extender with ethernet, or remove the lock and take it to the hub. Either way they need to be VERY close for secure inclusion to happen. I had the same issue with both my Schlage lock.

1 Like

I found another thread where it indicated to do a hub reset. That fixed my "inclusion" process, so I'm good~!

2 Likes