Private Boolean Stuck state

Hi I have a rule for a garage door that makes use of private boolean. For the rule to run the first time the private boolean needs to be true, then the rule will run and set the correct states. I have created a virtual switch which when it gets turned "on" it is supposed to set the garage rule's private boolean to true, When I run this it just does not seem to be changing the Private boolean.

This is the private boolean part of the rule, the way i read this is Private boolean set to false (F) False means private boolean is true??

The rule to change the private boolean to true below

If I manually say "run actions" in the first rule it just skips everything as if the private boolean is false.

If the PB is False it is false. True = true.
I'm not really getting why you think if it says false you think it is actually true or am I misreading what you mean. :thinking:
Also why do you need to set it. EDIT: When rhe rule is defined it will automatically set the rules PB to true

Hi bobbles

Okay I must be reading this wrong, So in this rule if the private boolean is set to false then the rule skips (which is what it is doing). I want to get it into a "true" state. Then from then on it keeps the correct state if the rule runs correctly.

Here is the output of the "run action" of the rule

Spot on.
The problem with your rule is you are using an IF-THEN to start with, with an IF-THEN nested under it. So if the first line is false, everything nested under it will be skipped as well.
Change it as follows.
IF (use simple conditional action) PB is false
Exit rule.
Now use a new IF-THEN

IF
Time is between x and y
AND
Door closed
THEN
actions.

Hope this all makes sense I'm usless with instructions.

1 Like

Okay here is the new rule, does this look correct?

It looks OK to me.
Now the first IF will be evaluated and if the PB is false then the rule will exit.
If the PB is true, it will skip the exit rule and now move on the the next IF-THEN statement that is not nested under it, which is how you now have it.

Okay, will give it a try, thank you very much for the assistance, much appreciated

cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.