PrimeCables.ca Sale on Zigbee devices... switches, dimmers<$18 door & motion sensors <$8

Just grabbed a dimmer and switch to play around with.

Both ID on the network just fine but I can't control the dimmer for some reason, no feedback etc

I set the device type to generic Zigbee Dimmer. Anything else I'm missing?

Did you hit "configure" after changing the driver?

@derek the DTH linked to in that thread is not for the Orbvio dimmer or the Orbvio scene controller. It's for the Enerwave, which is Z-wave. So, I doubt that is going to work since the Orbvio is zigbee. But if you find a driver that's designed to work with the dimmer, post it and we'll see if it can be ported over.

1 Like

yes I did but didn't see any change on the screen. Does it take awhile?

I have my dimmers set with the Generic Zigbee driver. They work as expected.

I wonder if Excluding and rejoining might help. the instruction sheet had the method to reenter pairing/exclusion mode.

Sorry... don't have the Scene controller.. can't comment on that one.

Ryan

New observation: Getting these devices, in particular the motion and contact sensors, at such low prices has set a very High (Low) bar for me.

Needing/Wanting some more motions sensors... I am plagued by the idea of getting them for less than $10, and of course PrimeCables is out of stock...

So I found the downside to these devices - :wink:

Going to go the Xiaomi route with AliExpress.

The motion sensor is very reliable but the size and 2 AAA batteries suck. I have them on Hardwired for power for outside under my deck.
For similar price on eBay for Iris V2 motion sensor. The size, battery, temp report. It's probably a bettery option.

I'll have to check this out. I've been "off" eBay the last few years, having found it less useful... maybe time to revisit. - Thanks!

1 Like