Press and Hold phisical button on a smart plug?

Hi All. I'm still a newbie to Hubitat. Is there a way to program Zooz ZEN15 plug to turn On or Off by holding the phisical button on the plug for 1-2 sec, instead of a short press? I need to limit accidental pressing of the button to prevent powering Off some sensitive equipment during use.

If so, could you please guide me on how to do it?

Thanks!

I don't know about that, but you can disable physical power on/off entirely if you'd like.

ZEN15 Power Switch Advanced Settings - Zooz Support Center (getzooz.com)

How to set these parameters: How to Access Advanced Settings for My ZEN15 Power Switch on Hubitat - Zooz Support Center (getzooz.com)

In addition, I have a scheduled rule that does things every 10 minutes, including turning on things that should never be turned off.

1 Like

I do need the phisical button

When you disable the switch from controlling the outlet does it still generate an event?

If so, make a rule where you have to hit the button twice in two seconds to trigger the off command from the hub.

If you can't do that, I'd say disable the button and stick a pico or other button controller nearby to trigger the on off events.

The only option is to have the button either enabled or disabled. I am pretty sure if you disable it then no events will be sent to the hub when it is pressed, since the device does not support any sort of button events just the on/off state of the outlet.

Your best bet would be to disable the button and use something else to control it where you can intercept the events and create rules to restrict what happens.

This driver will give you access to all the settings: [DRIVER] Zooz Smart Plugs Advanced (ZEN04, ZEN05, ZEN14, ZEN15, ZEN20, ZEN25)

You could use my driver and the custom set parameter command to change the manual control setting back and forth based on other conditions if that would help. For example if you only want the button to work between two times, that could be programmed in Rule Machine.

2 Likes

Use a different device or a standalone button instead? In other words, disable the Zen15 button and use something like a double tap on a light switch in that room, or the Zen34 near the equipment? Zooz 800 Series Z-Wave Long Range Remote Switch ZEN34 800LR (Battery P - The Smartest House

:+1:

1 Like

Thank you All, but another button to turn Off isn't a good option for my application.
Is there a way to make Zen15 go ON by single tap, but OFF by double tap on it's phisical button?

No

If you look at the settings doc linked above that is direct from Zooz and covers all possible settings. ZEN15 Power Switch Advanced Settings - Zooz Support Center

If you use my driver it gives you access to all of those settings on the device page.

The only option is to have the button either enabled or disabled, that's it.

3 Likes

Thank you. I guess my only option is to put ZEN15 into a box with a springed door to prevent accidental button pressing.