Presence sensors for kids

Hey,. If my kids don't have smartphones,. What have you guys had most success with for presence? The smart things fobs?

I don’t have kids but have the ST presence sensors in my cars and one in the wifes bag.
I have found them to be very reliable on HE.

Andy

Those must be the kind where they're seen but not heard correct? :wink:

1 Like

I have the ST presence sensor in both of my kids backpacks. They work great. Just need to replace the battery every few months.

If the bags are big enough, you can always convert them to use AA batteries.
Mine in the cars have lasted almost two years so far.

Andy

I'm hoping that some day soon Samsung and the local motoring organisation that handles their SmartThings line (don't ask) will release those Fobs down here in Aus.
I'd take 4 straight away.

Only issue I have is during summer and winter break. Backpacks don’t ever leave the house. :wink:

I thought kids already make their presence known. Have you ever been to a mall ?

LOL

1 Like

As zigbee is the same frequency everywhere, you could always order some from another country... :wink:

1 Like

Don't know how much you're looking to spend, but you could always get a second for their bikes (if they are bike-riding kids). In the end, every solution is going to require them to take something with them in some way. Until we get them tagged like you do small pets of course. :wink: (and yes, I am just kidding for those that didn't get it)

4 Likes

Are you?????? :shushing_face:

Officially? Yes, of course I am. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

4 Likes

The darn things blow out to nearly $100 each !!

yuck.

Things will get cheaper when they go to college. :wink:

It’s criminal !
.......Ridiculous

Kids lose everything. Mine do anyway. Backpacks included. If you want to know they are present, the entry of their door code is a sure sign. You can verify they're alone with cameras at the entrances.

1 Like

My kids phone is usually dead by the time he gets home. I came to this thread looking for options, and of course missed the easiest one, which is him unlocking the door.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

2 Likes