Presence sensor revisited

I love Hubitat, don't get me wrong, BUT the presence sensor hasn't worked for years as far as I can see. I read all the work arounds and people paying for 3rd party apps.. Why hasn't this been fixed?
If it's not reliable why is it in the Core Hubitat? I'm puzzled that in my Hubitat iPhone app the geofence icon at the bottom always displays my status correctly. Since this is IN the app why cant this info be sent to my hub? Seems simple but I'm frustrated. If it's a feature that doesn't work then take it out.
I just purchased a second C8 for my daughter and this is kind of important to her, I thought I'd get something working before I installed hers (tomorrow.. 5 hour trip) but still NG and I haven't found anything understandable to install.. Frustrated
:slight_smile:

My go-to has been Geofency for the iPhone. I use that in conjunction with a driver that detects the presence of our phones’ IP addresses on the network and it has worked extremely well for us.

Here’s a recent post by a knowledgeable user that gives some insights into why this probably isn’t as quick and easy to fix as some might assume:

4 Likes

The home assistant app geofencing works on my Samsung but the Hubitat geofencing doesnt, or if it does, very poorly. To me this indicates that the app is the issue.