Presence rule I created ignores time condition

I created what I thought was a simple rule. I wanted a number of lights turn on when I enter my Geofence but onlt between Sunset and 1:30am. The trigger turns on all the lights no matter what time it is. My Rule is below

1 Like

you then need to wrap the on statement with an if condition then. look under condition actions. and insert the if before your statement and add an end-if at the end

@spokra is right, you've created the time condition, but aren't using it. RM4 does not have Restrictions like previous versions.

IF {condition} THEN
Your Lights ON
END-IF

Thanks Like this right?

1 Like

exactly!!

What's the point of the Manage or Create Conditions section then? I'm having same issue where it's not respecting the conditions. I acknowledge the advice about making an IF statement but it begs the question what the heck the other way is actually for.

Nevermind, I see that bottom section is what populates the Conditions dropdown when building the IF (condition) Then statement. Asked and answered.

and it's clicking now that Conditions in Rule Machine are different than Restrictions in Basic Rules. Restrictions DO work in the way you'd intuitively expect whereas Conditions are Managed/Populated by the bottom area and then called upon in the Actions area in Rule Machine rule setup.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.