Presence = Phone in home WIFI

An example please

https://community.hubitat.com/search?expanded=true&q=WiFi%20pres

1 Like

Hereā€™s another one:

3 Likes

I cant install The App, it give me some error compiling
What is the best for Android Phones?

Metadata Error:Please check if you inadvertently pasted driver code into apps code window on line 21

Can you paste a screen shot of the apps code from about line 10

1 Like

Ah,,, Just realized what the message is saying. You need to paste that code under the Drivers Code section instead of the Apps Code section.

1 Like

Oh fu*K
Tired
Sorry

1 Like

This is what happen spending all night working :slight_smile: Thanks for supporting me :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, if we counted up the number of times that I and others have done the same thing the number would be astronomical.

4 Likes

And it Work!
Iphone Code detect Android Phone...World is changing :slight_smile:

How i can recognize that is my phone and not another?
I have DHCP in my wify the addresses are quite random

If your router supports it, you could set up a static IP address for the phone.

2 Likes

Solved
Reserving this IP address to my phone :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just in case you weren't already aware... Most new versions of iOS and Android will generate random MAC addresses for their WiFi radios. This is to help with user privacy to prevent a phone from being easily tracked based on its static MAC address. Both iOS and Android allow this feature to be disabled. In order for your router to consistently hand out the same IP address via DHCP each time your phone connects, this 'feature' must be disabled on each phone.

8 Likes

Thank you! I didnā€™t notice this new setting, and forgot about that announcement. Explains why my arrival rule stopped working. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

My Amcrest doorbells do this too. It is the most infuriating thing I've ever experienced. Phone's can shut this random crap off but my cameras can't and now my home automation system only has cameras about 10% of the time. I'd like to have the guy that implemented that fired... from a canon...into a wall.

It makes sense for a mobile phone that can connect to many different wifi networks, as itā€™s intended to prevent tracking by advertisers etc. based on the deviceā€™s MAC address.

Iā€™m not sure why that would be helpful for a stationary device thats installed in your home like a camera.

I wonder if the camera is using a version Android OS, and they simply forgot to disable this feature? Seems like a bug to me.

1 Like

I have been using [Improved Mobile Presence ] ([RELEASE] Improved Mobile Presence (Android only)) on android for several months and it has been rock solid! So much so I have abandoned the hubitat app completly for presence. It's developer @Johndc7 is great to work with if you have any issues.