Power Reporting on Generic Zigbee Outlet Issue

How is it working on 2.2.6 for you ? I have two of these SPH-13 and they do not report energy. Before 2.2.6 I was running 2.2.4.

Any status on this?
I have the same outlets. They seem to be the only ones that can handle the peak power of our washing machine.
Reported power seems to be dividend by 10. Also no detailed reporting (behind the comma).

can all users having reporting issues with SPH-13 please copy and paste a screen shot of the data section of the driver into this thread?, thanks.

Here is mine (that is connected):

Summary

EDIT: Just plugged in my second one as well. Here is that one:

Summary

It actually looks a bit different for some reason ?

I don't think you clicked configure on the second unit after changing to the outlet driver.

I guess you are right. Just did that and now I see more, but still not the same as the other one ? It does however work as on/off.

All the bits we write are the same, I can't speak for the other cruft left over from someone else's driver.

Ok, understood. But does this information help in your investigation into your driver, or do you need something additional from me ?

I needed the fingerprint data, which you provided, thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue that my power outlet reports power only when I click refresh on device settings. I have set "Enable automatic power reporting" to 1 W and I have also tried other values there too.

Here's my device details:

@mike.maxwell

I'm still seeing very weird power results in my Samsung SmartThings power socket.

Every 2nd data report is in the range of 65,000 w.

Here is the data. Generic zigbee outlet. It's been like this since 2.2.4

Huh?
I'll need to see the live logs of this, with both debug and text logging enabled...

Hey @mike.maxwell. Is this sufficient?

Edit: I'm not running a superComputer here.

It is interesting to note the reported value (65809) minus the actual value (273) is 65536, or 2^16. That seems like some sort of 2-byte shift bug.

2 Likes

Yeah, and the issue is with the device, you can clearly see what's going on when looking at the two values (show in hex)

There haven't been any changes in the platform Zigbee code that could account for or even mess up like this.

When you reverted back to 2.2.3 did the device report correctly?

Dont remember sorry. I may not have even rolled back.

Is there any chance to "automatic power reporting" option will work properly? It reports only when I press refresh button, even if this option is enabled (1W, 5W, 10W or other)

I also wait for "core" fix for this but I came up with a workaround Rule for refreshing if you're interested

This driver is working like a charm with the Blitzwolf 3.0 socket.

2 Likes