Post-2.2.8 - how to ID a z-wave ghost?

Forgive me if this has been asked-&-answered somewhere, but a few search attempts didn't turn anything up yet...

Prior to 2.2.8, looking for empty clusters was (AFAIK) the easiest way to ID a z-wave ghost node.

Since that cluster info is no longer displayed in the Z-Wave Details overview page, is there an easy at-at-a-glance way to ID a ghost node?

Based on good cluster info before 2.2.8, I don't have any ghost issues now, but I'd like to know what I should be on the lookout for when adding any z-wave stuff in the future. Thanks!

3 Likes

Clusters are available on the device page, but …. Been looking at whether an app could see a ghost, if so not an issue to look at the clusters with an app and issue a warning… Need to figure out if you can select something that may not or may not have capabilities defined (if the pairing isn’t successful there may not be a dirver associated).

1 Like

Ah yep, I remember hearing clusters were avail in the indiv device details page, and I missed seeing that when I checked prior to posting - I just somehow overlooked that entry.

I'm guessing that line of info would just have nothing in it if it was a ghost device?

That's certainly better than nothing, but it was pretty awesome to have that on the Z-Wave details page itself - is was just a nice-&-easy glance at one page to see such an issue.

I asked this question too. Bryan Copelands response was...

2 Likes

@hydro311 I believe the new way is simply look for blank device class if I remember correctly..
As well as no device assigned. A device that is included but has no driver discovered would have this information and no device. These can usually be recovered by hitting the discover button.

4 Likes

Sweet, thank you - I knew I read something about this a while ago, and that indeed was the exchange I was trying to find - thank you.

1 Like

I was stumped by the same thing, I'm like "where's my clusters" .
So you're not alone in this...

2 Likes