Possible problem with build 2.3.2.132 fluke zigbee crash within an hour after upgrading

what ever was done to the zigbee change is causing it to crash.. (I believe) my hub crashed (zigbee creash ) in under an hour of the upgrade

@bravenel

@bobbyD

let me know if you want to look at the hub. or if i should roll back

I will leave the version for awhlie and see it it repeats.

I don't have a solution, but it looks like this has happened to someone else...

i believe it is some kind of memory leak.. look at the graph below and see how quickly memory dropped and is dropping.

not the same issue. unless he let the hub run after the zigbee crash.. mine auto reboots and my devices are working currently.. i just tested some.. even though i am not at that location..

and my hub at the other location has not crashed and the memory is not dropping the same way when i just looked at it.. hopefully it was a one time fluke..

1 Like

still happending on that hub guess i will try rolling back memory dropped from 367xxx to 300xxx in 5 minutes

nothing is unusually busy in the apps or device status that i can see.

No recent changes to Zigbee, certainly not in this build.

there were notes about zigbee group messaging changes

memory went back up on last 5 minutes to 332xxx so maybe were ok. will keep monitoring

define somehthing weird after upgrade it dropped to below 100k 62k or something .. never seen it go that low.

memory stable again after 5 more minutes. so fingres crossed.. i will monitor till it has been up an hour as it didnt get that far before we are now at +36 minutes..

then im going to bed lol.

A bug in Room Lights that had nothing directly to do with Zigbee in any way. Context only. He who experienced the bug knew exactly what the fix was about (not turning off non-Zigbee grouped devices when there were some in a Zigbee group).

1 Like

ok 1 hr mark and all ok.. write it off as a fluke for now.. unless you want to poke around in the engineering logs..

going to be.. thanks

1 Like

Hasnt happened again some kinda fluke

2 Likes

I duplicated the memory leak and crash.

Start an upgrade and close the web browser before it completes..

3 Likes

That sounds like something @gopher.ny should look at.

3 Likes

There were no recent Zigbee changes. However Zigbee radio is sensitive to CPU+radio combined workloads, and running an update requires some heavy CPU lifting. I'm going to look into this, there are ways to spread that lifting around a bit, at the expense of slightly longer update installation time.

4 Likes

It doesn't seem to be a cpu related. It seems to be some sort of memory issue. Memory quickly drops to under 60k. I.have done a reset and reloaded a backup in case something got corrupted somehow.

other hub did the same thing,, rebooted 5 times in a row last night.. there has to be something going on immediately during boot where either memory or cpu goes too high and zigbee goes offline. this was not happending as i said two builds ago.. now it has happened on both my hubs.,

pm sent to gopher with hub id,, to investigate,,