Porting of Keenect to Hubitat?

@mike.maxwell any possibility of porting this over to Hubitat?

I have a personal one that I updated I will port, but I am stuck right now without a working thermostat since I have a NEST.

I'm guessing so, a more generic version (not associated with Keen), however to be honest I want to re-write it (it's always had issues with Next stats...), and that will take some time, it shouldn't be difficult to port.

This seems to be mostly working with the new Nest Integration. No Promises, but if you send me logs I might be able to help fix.

Install the master and then add the slaves from the master.

2 Likes

Hi, have a Nest thermostat and some Keen vents. I added my vents to Hubitat and they paired as Keen vents. I installed these apps (both the Master and Zone ones) but I can't figure out how to set things up. When I go to add a "new user app" I only see the master app and not the zone one. I also do not see any way to associate the sensor with the vent. Do you have any more detail or some screen shots you can share?

Thanks.

First you install the master app, then inside of the master app, you add a zone or child app.
In the child app, you setup the sensor, etc.

Ok, once I clicked on zone, I was able to select what vents are part of that zone. From there I can create multiple zones. That makes sense. Each room in our house has one vent so and I put temp sensors in each room so I will likely end up with one zone for each room. I do have a few questions:

Under temperature control type, there is an option for simulated thermostat but my sensors are not setup as simulated thermostats. What do I need to do to create a simulated thermostat and what is the advantage in this case? Is there a way to average a few sensors into a simulated thermostat like ecobee does?

I set each of the zones to open the vents all the way when the fan runs. I told Nest to run the fan for 15 minutes and I don't see the vents opening yet. I used the default driver that they were recognized with when pairing them. Should I be using a different driver?

Any thoughts on the setpoints for Nest in order to get more heat or cooling into an area as needed? Our two story house is on one thermostat downstairs and that's why so much effort to balance temps.

Thanks!

You have to setup a virtual thermostat for setting the room set point for control type, or you can use relative to your nest set points.

For the fan running, I would bet you are using nst implementation, so the keenect master I created uses the habitat nest implementation that is not live anymore, so... the master code might need to be changed for fan only and maybe other modes.

Logs of keenect master would be needed for figuring out the modes.

Ok thanks. Too bad. I wish I could get on the official implementation.

I may have figured out a workaround. I removed the thermostat from NST Manager and added it to Jason0x43's Nest Integration app. When I go into the KeenectMaster app and check current status, I see vent mode is FAN. That's a good sign right? I will keep playing with it.

Thanks again!

that Is a good thing. I used that implementation when I moved to hubitat.

I still don't see vents moving but I can manually move them. Under configuration, zone control reports as not activated. Is there something I am missing?

Can I get some logs for the zone?

Sure. Where do I find the logs? If under the main log section in Hubitat, I am not sure how to parse them yet.

click on logs

Then you can select the app or device you want to look at

If I can get the NEST Thermostat, Keenect master, and keenect child log for 1 child, I can take a look. I think I had to make a small change to use the Hubitat driver for Nest, or I made a change to the Nest driver that you are using.

I forgot to also have you hit show past logs:

after you click on logs.

looking at the NEST implementation you have I might need to change that code a little to get The Fan state into the operating state. I coded keenect to use the virtual thermostat operating state to keep it easy.

Thanks for your replies. I am at a Google Cloud conference this week and they have been long days so i had to put hubitat aside for the moment, I will pull logs for you when I can. You mentioned that you set up Keenect to use the virtual thermostat. I still have not figured out how to setup virtual thermostats yet. Is there somewhere you can point me to look into it more?

Thanks!

My bad, I used the states Hubitat put into the Virtual Thermostat to be the same that Keenect looks for "Heat,Cool,Fan Only, etc" to control the vents. I noticed in the Nest Implementation you are using Fan Only is missing.

I use a virtual thermostat for heating and cooling setpoints only for each zone.

I will see if I can find some time to get the "old" Nest Implementation working again and make changes that should work for you...