Porting away from Nexia

I am pretty far along on my migration away from Nexia to Hubitat and are a happy camper.

All I have left in the Nexia service is a set of WiFi cameras.

I know these cameras are WiFi and not supported directly by the HE hub and before selling them on eBay just wondering if anyone here has any experience/suggestions on options to reuse them :slight_smile:

Is anyone aware of any options use these cameras without the Nexia service?

Many thanks in advance.

If You can get a web direct feed out of them you can use them with a dashboard

I haven't been able to figure our how to do that yet. Tried to connect over http on the various ports the cameras use with no luck...

Thanks for the reply.

run a tool called ODM. (Onvif Device Manager). From it you can get the RTSP stream. Used in conjunction with a network sniffer like Dude (v4beta is my recommendation) You can identify the camera, the stream and the configuration options and settings.

Also, you could D/L BlueIrisSoftware's Server - and there is a nifty detection portion to it. If the camera is service via BI, then you can have HE talk directly to the Web interface of BI to pull the feeds. (eg:

1 Like

@luis What model is your nexia camera(s)?

Two kinds...

WCW200 and WCO200NX.

Going to experiment with the suggestions from @jshimota .

thanks

1 Like

@luis So your jpeg feed (which you can push to an image tile with a 1 second update time) is http://admin:admin@192.168.1.20/img/snapshot.cgi?size=3 , replace ip and credentials where needed

@luis I just wanted to add more notes / thoughts - using BlueIris I'm able to get my doorbell (with camera) integrated as well!
Since BI gives you a consistent interface, regardless of camera model, it simplifies getting cams to show regardless of resolution, type etc. I especially like that I can put overlays on the camera screen (within blueiris), create 'virtual cameras' - eg; I can stream a desktop to BI, then access it as a camera (great for embedding box scores and stockwatch!). Additionally another benefit is triggers - motion trigger events on the camera can tie back into HE and cause lights to go on for example. There is an excellent app called BI Control. Finally - BI also has an external app for your cell so you can monitor your server externally and used with Monocam gateway can smoothly interface with Alexa. Lot of fun to say 'Alexa, show me the backyard camera' to any of my Echo Shows (I have 5 of them). Caveat - the newest Echo's (the gen 3?) that move and follow the speaking person, do NOT work well imho.

1 Like

@jshimota, Many thanks for the replies and for spending time on this.

I was able to get challenged for usename/password using the the jpeg feed you provided. I had installed Wireshark and trying to see if the credentials are passed in clear text when I use the Nexia app. Still working on that unless you know of an easy way to reverse engineer them.

Would BlueIris be able to help to find the credentials?

Many thanks again!
Luis

To my knowledge - no. gonna have to pick the lock so to speak. Use ODM and put in admin/admin admin/password admin/[null] etc... assuming you haven't overridden. If you have you may have to do a factory reset and regen the user/pass pair.
BI will also expect you to know this. sorry!

1 Like