[PORT] Initial State Visualization Event Sender | Data Visualizations for Device events

Initial State Event Sender is a app that sends events from Hubitat to the Initial State service for kick-■■■ Data Visualizations.

Release Page: | initialstate-smartapp

App:
v1.0.0 - 01/13/20 - Initial port from ST

Original project: davidsulpy / initialstate-smartapp

Please note this is my first app/port, so please let me know if you see anything I missed from the SmartThings groovy I should have removed or changed.

I am not affiliated with Initial State. Purely a fan of their service and was in the need for a way to visualize some of my devices (Temp, Humidity, Power, Door usage, etc.) without standing up my own server or database.

Initial State has a 14 day trial and a free account for students with an .edu address.

Edit: Adding some cool sample visualizations this platform looks to be capable of:

1 Like

Since it is probably the most popular question that will come up, after the 14 day free trial, it's $10 a month or $100 a year.

Is this a cloud based solution or a local one? Do you need a server to run Initial State or do you upload the data to their cloud?

1 Like

Purely cloud, so no local anything beyond this app that pushes your events/data per whatever devices you select in the app.

Good call out on the trial + pricing.

1 Like

Price is too high for me versus just doing it locally. For $2-4/month I would consider it. For $8.33-10 I won't.

But cool service nonetheless. I hadn't heard of them before.

1 Like

Totally agree, not for everyone.
I also threw this together as even just the 14 day trial is a good way to get a sense for what is worth spending time to plot v.s. not even if you go a different route. That was my first take in why I went this route as well. Before spending any personal time standing up something locally I want to make sure I have good justification for it first.

1 Like

It's been a bit, so I thought I'd add an update/example.

I've been using this specifically to help me find patterns, an example is my humidity sensor, I've been tracking it over time and how both my furnace and rain affect my basement under our garage.

Screenshot:

The fast 'dips' are when I have use my smart-plug to start my dehumidifier.

Moving over to the new Community Apps section!