Pool iAqualink driver

Is the code still there? I'm getting a page not found error.

@hoops129 Thanks, updated the link to the new location. Changed the driver to parent/child model to add additional features.

1 Like

Added an additional child driver option for the temperature. If you would like to use google home to tell you what the water temperature is, install this driver instead of the temp one.

The only annoying part is that it basically tricks google into thinking it is a thermostat so it always wants to tell you that the mode is off, but you can find out the temperature.

1 Like

Hi there, I just installed all the iAqualink drivers. I've been look for something like this for a long long time. Thank you. Everything appears to work perfectly. However, I don't see any way to switch on/off Spa Mode from the drivers. Is there a known workaround for that?

Will work on adding the Spa, I dont have one so I did not really think about it.

1 Like

@andy2 Added spa pump control. Update parent and the child drivers.

1 Like

@mike10 -- Thank you for your most awesome Pool iAqualink and Unifi drivers. I've been using both of them for awhile and they work well for me.

I'm not sure what is needed to accomplish this on a technical level, but would you please consider making them available to the Hubitat Package Manager, recently developed by @dman2306 ?

@KakaduDreamer Will check it out.

2 Likes

Mike10, I love this driver man! Solid for months, and every neighbor thinks it's magic when I tell google to turn on my slide or waterfall, then woosh! Haha

I've checked the original reverse engineering, but couldn't find any codes to SET pool or spa temp, or turn on/off heater. Any chance you can look at it. Thank you again!

I have added a button on the parent to set the pool or spa temp as well as added another child device to be able to turn on and off the pool heater. I did some basic testing with it but I dont really use those functions.

On the parent device there is a new preference to enable the spa or pool heater child devices.

1 Like

Mike,

Thank you, I'll gladly test and report back. For education sake, where are you looking to see which features and syntax to use? If you can link to the "master", you may quickly have some help from us rooks. :smiley:

Sure here is the direct link to his doc.

@KakaduDreamer It is now in the Hubitat Package Manager. If you dont mind testing it out and letting me know how it goes. Want to test this one before I add my other drivers to it.

@mike10 Confirmed, it works! I used the "Match Up" feature in Hubitat Package Manager and it re-scanned all my apps and drivers and identified your iAqualink pool drivers. Thank you for doing this!

Hey Mike, I know this is a long shot, but I have a solar heater installed along with the regular heater. In the iAquaLink app, it hoes up as an on/off switch... It can run at the same time as the pool heater and can be turned on/off independently... I usually leave the actual heater off as the solar will heat to the level set on the app for the regular heater... Is it possible to add this in?

@SuperDupe Did an update to add solarheater but not really sure if this will work or not as my unit does not put any data in that element of the json data, and not really a way for me to test with my unit.

Typically looks like for ex. {pool_heater=0} however solar looks like {solar_heater=}

Thanks Mike! Looks like it works! Awesome!

1 Like

This looks amazing! I apologize in advance for the silly question, but... I imported the code, and adde my serial #, email and password in the preferences section of the code, and saved it.

But, what do I do now?

@charlesrblack You should have child devices now that you can control with. Go back to devices and you should see them. Also select what features you want to use and child devices for those will get created as well.

I can't seem to get logged in I guess? I'm adding my serial number at "serial_number", my email at "email" and my password at "password"

Am I just doing it wrong? Sorry for the silly questions!

preferences {
section("Device Settings:") {
input "serial_number", "string", title:"Pool Serial Number", description: "", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true
input "email", "string", title:"Userid - Email", description: "", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true
input "password", "string", title:"User Password", description: "", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true