Poke the bear

Can you announce the hub protect service so I can play with my new c7?

2 Likes

I'm with you. Eagerly awaiting that announcement.

1 Like

I'm all for supporting Hubitat and their continuing efforts, but fail to see the excitement about yet another subscription when buying a $30 or less Raspberry Pi and using a simple cUrl command to back up the hub.

And the databases and radios can be backed up how using this method?:face_with_monocle: Please share ...

When it's ready well announce it, and it's not ready.
There's lots of moving parts here, not the least of which are the supporting services required to manage this products purchase and renewal.

2 Likes

Because I don't want to have to rejoin all my devices. Dont even care about the other stuff.

2 Likes

Radios cannot and will not be able to be backed up using that method.

Any method to then?

Thought that was what all the fuss was about in the C7 announcement before it was locked because people wanted radio backups local and not just to the cloud.

Radio backups is the main reason for me.

He was replying to others in the thread that the local backup method does not backup radios.

2 Likes

Yea I realized that after I replied.

3 Likes

Missed my quote ....

And the databases and radios can be backed up how using this method?:face_with_monocle: Please share ...

They cannot.

not....

Hence my question ... this has been long stated and the original comment was incorrect.

Was there any idea of the sort of price range this subscription could be?

I don't think they have said but there was a page posted showing around 35 bucks a yr.