Plex Webhooks

You are going to need to be much more specific about what you are doing, what steps you've taken, where you're having trouble.

I suspect based on your previous comments, you're stuck trying to get a tile to display the status of your Plex player.

There's a few things you could try. You could create a custom state based on the state of the player and feed that into a title using the "state" template. Similarly you could try to export the text of the webhook status and feed that into a "text template." Or try it with creating a variable and have the variable string template.

thank you that's what i was looking for the only problem is i don't know how to do either
just trying to get a tile to display status of player

Search is your friend.

I'm not home, so I can't test. But what I believe you want to do is pick your Plex device and then use the "Attribute" tile. You should be able to pick from mode status, last updated, playback type, or status.

you still didn't say what you were already trying.

1 Like

i have a tile with status but it does not update says stopped when im watching a movie with plex
when i select the player from the drop down it does not show the play icon next to my player when its playing a movie
How do i do a screenshot to show you more im on windows 10

Google is your friend. Respectfully, if capturing a screenshot isn't something you know how to do, you may be a bit over your head here.

Did you choose the "attribute" title? It is a specific tile.

I don't know what you expect the tile to show. The attribute tile should just show the word "playing" when it is playing, since that is the attribute you are reading.

And again, you haven't said specifically what you did. You just said "you have a tile with status." Which tile did you pick?

You are going to need to provide more detail if you want people to help you.

this is what i have tile wise
when i took this shot the plex was playing a movie but no icon

This is the logs

i hope that helps i'm still new at this hubitat thing but i like it

I'm not at home, so I can't compare, but it looks like you don't have the right device picked for the tile. In my dropdown for picking a device, I have the specific player listed. So the device you should be picking should be "Majesty Pro LTE" or "MyCloudpr2100" or whichever the PlexCommunicator device is that was making your lights work.

You shouldn't be choosing "plex" from the list. That isn't the device that PlexCommunicator is monitoring.

@razorface1978, as above you don't appear to have selected the player, the other settings are correct..

it reports whether playing or stopped so im happy thanks for all your help
is there a way to make it tell whats playing like the movie name

search is your friend. there's a ton of posts on how people use plexcommunicator.
but pretty sure @jebbett stated earlier that it doesn't.

In theory it's possible, but the code would need to be updated.. if you ever wanted to try to learn some basic coding, this is how I learnt to program.. start with someone's code, work out what it does and then update it to do more! :slight_smile:

Can you please attach the files , MediaScene code, MediaScene code,Plex Communicator Device,Plex Communicator code ?

Thank you I really appreciate your great work

See post 16

Does anybody have the exe working on HE?
I can get it running fine but am unsure of what the correct paths need to be in the config file as I can only find one to send the status to smartthings.

Go in to the app, select "Connection Methods" > "Plex To Hub Program Settings".. copoy and paste in to the config.config file..

I had already done that but the config was still trying to send to the smartthings endpoints.

I had change them to this and it wasn't working but this was correct and wasn't the issue

<smartThingsEndpoints
	accessToken="&accessToken;"
	onPlay="&ide;/statechanged/onplay"
	onPause="&ide;/statechanged/onpause"
	onStop="&ide;/statechanged/onstop"
  />

The exe doesn't seem to be passing the plex device identifier through so I had to change the the device network id to the the player name and change the app code to get HE to send it to the correct device.

Now it works great.

Thanks for all the work.

First of all, @jebbett ebbet thanks for writing a kickass app. I got it up and running and I am seeing JSON events coming into HE from my Plex server and I see them like this as an example:

Event JSON: media.pause

But something weird is happening with Plex running on Apple TV. If I play or pause a movie in Chrome or any other device the Media Scene stuff gets triggered and everything works great. Except when I use Plex on Apple TV. I have spent hours last night trying to figure out if it's a device ID issue, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Plex device, etc. I cannot figure out for the life of me why this works everywhere except with the Applex TV Plex App.

Have you see this before? Do you have any suggestions?

Can you share a log? I'm curious as hell. Are you sure you picked the right device to monitor for the ATV?

I seem to remember some old issues with Apple TV, but can't remember if lack of ID was one of them..

If you find these lines, remove the // from the Player line, that should give you logging for the player ID etc.., report what you get back..

//log.debug "Metadata JSON: ${plexJSON.Metadata as String}"
//log.debug "Player JSON: ${plexJSON.Player as String}"
//log.debug "Account JSON: ${plexJSON.Account}"
log.debug "Event JSON: ${plexJSON.event}"

I don't see these commented lines in the Plex Communicator player. Maybe I am using an older version? The header says version 2018-11-17 2.0