Plex Webhooks

No problem, did you solve the Roku issue? I use one, but not in a room I need to control lighting.. so understand what you mean but don't suffer the issue myself..

I think I can do something with armand's Roku app in another thread. I just installed it but the wife is gone and I better get the laundry done or home automation will be the least of my worries. :stuck_out_tongue:

has anyone got plex notifying of playing state where a remote server is used? I'm using a server that isn't mine. But would like to turn a virtual switch on if my shield tv is playing plex for example

i don't think this is possible tho where i don't control the server.

You would need to get them to setup webhooks on their server. This will give you visibility of everything they watch too.. so doubt they will do that?

You would need to find a way to get play state directly from the shield, not sure if it will let you run tasker or even if that can capture play state..

Ok cool. I'll work it out. Thank you

so i got remote access to webhooks on the plexserver. but Using plex communicator - it seems it will only work it it's on LAN is that right?

Using maker API I'm not sure how I can open app access to an app.

You should just need to use the cloud URL rather than the local URL..

In the code replace getFullLocalApiServerUrl with getFullApiServerUrl

ok cool. i updated two instances of that text. But testing that URL I get

{"error":true,"type":"AppException","message":"Method Not Allowed"}

Do I need to do something in maker?

thanks for the help

You need to put that URL in Plex, visiting the URL normally won't give it the information it needs so it will error..

ah ha! thank you