Please fix the CSS for footer in dark mode in Hubitat community

Not a feature request for Hubitat but rather for this community. Love it. Really love it since I switched to dark mode. Loved it until I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of a few posts and found the footer in this community doesn’t support dark mode. I had to squint like an animal. Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that. I've just never made a post about it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Laugh. Why live in the first world if you can’t complain about first world problems?

:slight_smile:

I suffer from migraines and I turn dark mode on for everything that supports it.

Oooh, migraines are the worst. Sorry you get them. Sorry I get them. Luckily I just get the ocular variety only. For sure bright white screens can be a trigger or contributing factor. Am sure the ST team will help us out. Thanks for the thought.

In dark mode, using Safari: I see it.

1 Like

Had a chance to fix this with today's monthly maintenance. Please let us know if you see any other oddities. Thanks for your feedback.

2 Likes

Thanks! Will check later today and report back. Thanks again.

Thanks again for doing this. When in dark mode I see the header and body are dark, as it was before, and now the footer is, too. Yay, thanks.

I checked on my phone and on my Mac and that's true on both. I don't recall if there was a 'light mode' header, just like there was a 'light mode' footer (that we were trying to get rid of when in 'dark mode').

But... now the header/footer are dark in dark mode and are dark in light mode, too. If that is the intent, then all is well. If, instead, you intended to have the same 'dark text on a light background' in light mode for header/body/footer, that you don't have.

So I'll leave it to you'all as to whether what you have, and what you intended to have, match.

Thanks again for at least making the footer work 'properly' in dark mode! :slight_smile:

1 Like