Playing music from a tablet

Hi everyone,
I have a dedicate fire 8 tablet in my living room, with The Home Remote as a dashboard. I only use the tablet for that, and to play music on a sound bar. I do not plan at the moment on buying Sonos speakers and the like…
So my project is to play certain YouTube playlist urls based on certain events, for example when I take my first coffee in the morning. Is there a way to tell the tablet, from HE, to play music? Considering the tablet itsel appears as a device in HE?

I don’t know if it’s worth something in this context, but I do have a FABRIQ chorus speaker that I am not using for anything else that à of speaker right now, and I have not even integrated it in HE, and don’t know whether it is even feasible…

Thanks

@amine.houari1
The only speakers right now I believe that will work with HE are sonos, chromecast enabled speakers and alexa enabled speakers...

1 Like

I don't think there is an easy way to do this.

However, since this is a fire tablet, playing music via Alexa using Echo Speaks works.

1. Attach speakers to tablet via Bluetooth
  2. Install Echo Speaks
  3. Setup routine to send a voice command as text to the device like: "play morning playlist"
    (You will need to configure Alexa with communications and setup Amazon music on the tablet for this.)
1 Like

To install echo speaks: this comes as an an app on HE ?

Thanks !
Aminr

Install it from Hubitat Package Manager

Echo Speaks is a community app (not provided or supported by Hubitat) that is pretty popular around here. As @amine.houari1 said, the easiest way to get it is using HPM (another community app).

Instructions on installing custom apps can be found here:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Apps_Code

1 Like

Just wondering…before I go the Amazon route (in Which I have no experience / familiarity), can the same be accomplished, through the tablet, using Google Assistant and YouTube ?