Platform 2.3.6.136 - Set variable from Get HTTP response not assigning response

Does not look any different.

Made a change to make textParser a preference, try pulling down the new code and see if it makes a difference.

Not seeing any difference. I can't tell if I am actually running the new code. I see version 0.2.0 in the code. I updated by pushing the Import button in the driver code.

Helps if I upload the change, v 0.2.1 should be up

Still no difference.

and if you set it to false?

The stubborn thing refuses to cooperate. Still no change.

You wouldn't be able to do it with RM, but maybe change Requested Content to application/xml

1 Like

No difference with text parser true or false.

1 Like

@thebearmay , if I look under the Events for your device I see.

I am very curious as to what the rest of the respReturn value is. This is the beginning of what I am expecting for a result.

If you click on the event line it should expand it to allow viewing the complete detail.

It does but it isn't the raw XML <?xml version= ...

What does it show on the device edit page in the attribute.

Was thinking more along the lines of this page:

1 Like

Thank you @thebearmay and @bravenel for helping sort this out. In short my conclusion is that responses in the format of XML is not supported by the platform. Although some information can be returned it is not in a format that can be parsed.

If I get some time to play in the next couple of days I have an idea on how I might be able to handle from the Groovy side

1 Like

@bbholthome new version v0.2.2 should automatically cover the XML to JSON and place it in the respReturn attribute

Http request:

http://192.168.1.122:52199/MCWS/v1/Alive

Returned XML

Logs for Text parser on and off.

The field values are there without the Item Names.

The state variable is

I can confirm the state variable is showing the last field value.