Planning to get hubitat, have some questions

Being in Israel you should probably source locally. (I didn't realize you weren't in the us). Find out what's best for your situation.

@ilia987

I've a short break now, so I want to weigh in on the zigbee vs z-wave "debate" a little. I favor zigbee devices (especially sensors), and especially outside North America.

Zigbee devices use the same frequency world-wide, so many sensors can be purchased from places like AliExpress and work well anywhere in the world. Like z-wave meshes, robust zigbee meshes also require devices that can repeat the signal (termed repeaters/routers in the zigbee universe).

The neat thing is that there are excellent USB powered zigbee repeaters available now. And since USB power is 5V DC by spec, these zigbee repeaters also function world-wide. I used to favor zigbee repeaters made by IKEA that are linked to below:

But there's a very similar (but smaller) repeater made by Tuya that is about the same price, which also works very well with Hubitat. Here's an AliExpress link:

I bought a 5-pack of these for a friend's zigbee network for $65, and they have worked really well.

Sonoff and Tuya have relatively inexpensive zigbee 3.0 sensors that work with Hubitat (motion, door/window, temperature/humidity). They are quick and responsive, and in my experience, have not fallen off the zigbee network.

Oops. I missed the Israel part. Have a high school friend who lives in Ra'anana. Not sure which of my recommendations are valid outside the US. Probably not Lutron anyway.

Locally is not an option. Home automation and similar gadget's sold mostly by premium solution companies for people with very deep pockets.

Most of the electronics (excluding tv and white appliances ) I order online From UK and Germany(share same electricity standard) Local prices for dated electronics are extremely expensive here.

Most of our electronics based on ebay a and amazon..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.