Physical Events Not Logging Consistently

Is that generic z-wave switch driver?

Generic Z-Wave Dimmer is shown on the Devices screen

OK, thanks. Now I owe you two prizes! Bug fixed…

Yay! Not so good at writing code; my talent apparently lies elsewhere.

@Tony how is your mesh performing with 5 second polling? Do switches still turn on fast?

For some reason my came to a crawl and disabled my rule and restarted my hub and things are back to normal. I know I need to add more devices to help things along but had been holding out until this solution was available.

1 Like

Same here. I have just 1 switch on 10 second refresh and everything is at max speed.

I have only 3 GE switches on it so I haven’t noticed too much difference. i set up 3 staggered refreshes, the most frequent at 5 sec. for the bedroom light switch that is most frequently manipulated, one at 20 sec. for the deck lights and another at a minute for the garage.

Cool thanks. I will add more devices over the weekend and re-enable this.

Actually now that I have used this a while I notice no difference (the first time I turned on a light with a command I thought it might be a tad slower but I’m sure that it was my imagination).

1 Like

@bravenel are the event logs automatically purged? I already have several thousand events for 1 switch. :grimacing:

Yes, and we are working in minimizing the unused events, that’s in the works.

2 Likes

@bravenel @mike.maxwell I noticed that the refresh rules still continue to run while the hub is in Discovery mode. Is it possible to suspend the refresh rules automatically when in discovery mode? I am finding it takes longer to discover zwave devices as a result. As a work I have those rules setup to run only on certain modes and I am manually changing modes when I am discovery devices. Thanks for the consideration!

I would create a virtual switch to represent “system polling”, then add that switch to the polling rule restrictions.

Certainly another work around, but it would be nice if it was done automagically.

nice, but not probable...
That's a significant platform change solely to support legacy switches and dimmers.

Mike,

I have a number of GE Zigbee switches w/ energy reporting that do not seem to update physical presses (same is true w/ GE Zigbee dimmers w/ energy reporting).

Are there older zigbee devices w/ the same issue?

Have you pressed the CONFIGURE button in the device's detail page to make sure it is configured with the correct settings to report updates to Hubitat? Just an idea...

I have several of these in the lab waiting for me to sort out…