Phillips hue motion

So I have ordered two of these sensors primarily for the Lux sensor. Do I need a hue hub for these to work with hubitat? Also looking at the outdoor sensor two again for the Lux sensor. (For a comparison indoors & outdoors light values.)

I certainly use these directly paired to a C-7 hub, the indoor model that is. A good product in a broad sense, though I have not (yet) used the lux reading on the HE hub. There was a lengthy thread on this from memory last year, I'll see if I can find the thread...

1 Like

I use the outdoor sensor for lux and motion. Works really well.

1 Like

Do u have to use the hue bridge?

No - direct to Hubitat.

Want to add, thereโ€™s also a temperature sensor in there that is pretty accurate.

This is, I think, the thread I remember. A linked post from Mike talks about an update that was made to how lux reporting was adjusted to report more significant changes. Other users also talk about how they needed to use (or not) a Hue bridge for firmware updates.

Simon

1 Like

FWIW, Hubitat can update the firmware of these sensors as well (both indoor and outdoor).

1 Like

Cool, cheers guys looking forward to fine tuning my lights.

I have come to realise once you start it's like a icth u can't scratch. Not enough sensors lol

2 Likes

Sensors permit true automation. The bulk of my devices are sensors.

1 Like

I have four of the Hue motion sensors. Although I have a Hue bridge, I am using the sensors to trigger Lutron Caseta lights, so I have the sensors paired directly with Hubitat. They paired quite easily and have had very stable connections.

1 Like