Phillips hue buttons

Trying to make a rule that pauses another app when the lights are turned on by the phillips switch but i cant find the switches listed in the basic rule app device list. can some one point me in the right direction please?
i have added the switches via the app and they appear in the main device list just not in the switch list in the rule app.

It’s not a switch. It’s a button device.
I wonder what causes the delay between the Hue bridge and HE. It’s not long, but noticeably slower than the speed they have controlling devices on the bridge. That delay doesn’t seem to be there going from HE to Hue.

So, I finally got time to tinker with the rotary dimmer. The v1 API published the dimmer as two separate devices, a push button, and a rotary dial. As such, I won't be supporting this device until I get the v2 API all setup, since the V2 API collects these two devices as a single grouped device which enables me to make a single device to support the rotary dimmer, rather than having to create two.

V2 API is taking me longer than I would like, because it is vastly different. But please consider using the device it controls on Hue as your automation trigger, as it will still be the better solution even if I had the device supported today.

1 Like

That’s what I have been doing. It probably works just as well this way.

Sounds good.

Hey everyone! Thanks for chatting through which approach works best for the rotary dimmers. I've been having a hard time creating rules in HE that complement the Lutron Aurora Smart dimmer that I have. Very reassuring to hear that it's not a "me" problem. Seems like the best approach is to use the dimmer directly through the hue bridge. Is this still the case? What if I'd like to control other groups of lights that aren't hue? Any suggestions?