Phillips Hue button pairing

I am having trouble pairing the Philips hue Smart button to habitat. I do not have a hue hub. I can get the button into pairing mode (i think?) by hitting the setup button, where it flashes a orange flash following by a orange and green flashing. But habitat cant find it when I try to discover it.

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the button first? Sometimes that's necessary before pairing a new device.

Are you trying to pair the button in situ ?

half the problem is I cant find written instructions.... the instructions is just drawn pictures.

so how do I factory reset it? and what do you mean in situ?

A quick google search reveals a ton of instructions including this

He means pairing the button at the location where you will mount it, rather than near the hub.

1 Like

So I factory reset it according to the video. Then tried to get into pairing mode. But now its just flashing orange, no green. Still wont pair with habitat. I have the button right next to the hub when i'm trying to pair it.

Still having trouble pairing it to hubitat.

I got it to pair right away with HE, but then it just blinks orange and I do not see button presses in the logs. So, I'm guessing this button does not work with vanilla HE. I saw that the Hue Smart Button was listed as a supported device on the compatible devices list and I've had good luck with the Phillips motion sensor, so I was hoping the simpler one button device would work. But I don't think it does.

It does work, but it acts a little strange.
I had one working for about a year on HE but then decided to update the firmware on my Hue hub. So after resetting, updating and resetting again I found that the Smart Button would pair to HE (then seem to reset itself??), not respond properly, report varying battery levels but then... somehow everything sorted itself out and it's been working properly again for a couple months. :crossed_fingers:

• endpointId: 01
  • model: ROM001
  • application: 02
  • firmwareMT: 100B-0116-02002F08
  • softwareBuild: 02002F08
  • manufacturer: Signify Netherlands B.V.

Sure enough! I saw your message last night, and I was seeing the same strange battery reporting numbers, so I didn't remove the buttons from HE. This morning the orange blinking had stopped, and when I pressed the button I got a green light responsive blink and the push showed in the logs. Thanks for letting me know, or I probably would have removed them and returned them today.

1 Like