Pending Cancellation Potential Bug?

I would delete and recreate the rule.

Sorry - should have been clearer - that screenshot was taken after I deleted and recreated the rule.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, this is not the intended behavior. Anything "pending" should be cancelled on truth change.

There is a bug with this. Found it, fixed for next release.

Just noticed something in your screenshot.

What manner of Black Magic is this?
@bravenel please exorcise the demon in his machine.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that too. Thought is was just a glitch in the screen shot.

Nothing to see here, move along :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Moving along...but definitely glancing over my shoulder.
Michael-Cera-Awkward-Stare-Around-The-Classroom-In-Superbad-Gif

2 Likes

This has been fixed in 1.1.4.

Yes, Pause/Resume is now available for Rule Machine, Simple Lighting, and Motion Lighting.

1 Like

First bug found @bravenel.
I realized that for some rules I had to click continue the first time they were opened since the update. So I decided to run through all my rules to get it out of the way now. Some required the Continue click...others didnt.
Then I realized that some of my rules were being renamed to Rule2.5

That's why you had to click Continue. Did you give it a chance to update?

Plus, why would you run through all of your rules like that. They all get updated as needed when you open them in due course.

Maybe not. I was just clicking Continue and then Done on the next page. If there's a way to break something...I will find it apparently. I'll take my time the rest of the way through.

Like I said :crazy_face:

I've had a "ghost rule" for the last few updates. There's no way to remove it. Any ideas how to get rid of this?

ghostrule

When you click Continue, it does a page refresh. It's during that page refresh that the name gets updated (try pausing a rule and you'll see why the name got messed with). So if you hit Done too fast, it may not have updated the name, and you end up with Rule-2.5.

Click on its Apps details page (little i in a circle on the Apps page). You can remove it from there.

1 Like

If you note the url in the address bar of your browser, it will end with a number

replace the path with installedapp/status/[number] and that will give you the status page of that app. At the bottom of this page, click remove.

1 Like

Awesome thanks. That was driving me bonkers.

So...I found what I did incorrectly and it wasn't because I moved too quickly. There were a few I clicked on to see if the pause button was there. When I didn't see the Pause button (didn't notice the Continue button yet) I backed out of the Rule. At this point (because I didn't go through the process of clicking continue and done) the name in the app list still showed my name...but if I reopened the Rule the default was now Rule 2.5. If I then clicked Done it would chnage the name. See pic below.

App list

App details

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.